Car Show Tears (and other trailers)

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Car Show Tears (and other trailers)

Postby Larry Messaros » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:52 am

I finally got my pictures updated as I just finished moving everything to a new server.

A while back I mentioned that I would post some pics from the car show I went to. Check it out here

And check out some Boler trailers here.

Note: I'm still having DNS problems, so if you get a 404 Not found page, please be patient, because I think I'm losin' my patience....... :evil:

and try again later.

Thanks,
Larry

OK, I have changed the links so at least they will show up the correct pages now.

:oops: :oops:
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby PUPTENT » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:37 am

That stock Boler trailer is VERY similar to the 2 year old Airstream 16' CCD. This seems to be a great length for a camping trailer, if you want the interior height and amenities.
PUPTENT - Barry and wife - Class B RV
Novato, California
"Hey, while you're up, mind throwin' another log on the fire?"
PUPTENT
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Car Show Tears (and other trailers)

Postby mikeschn » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:54 am

Larry Messaros wrote:here

Thanks,
Larry

Nice collection of photos Larry... thanks for sharing...

Definitely some idea generators in there!!! 8)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby josephhanson » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:41 pm

I'm thinking that those poor trailers will never smell a campfire ever again :cry:
Joe
josephhanson
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:20 pm

josephhanson wrote:I'm thinking that those poor trailers will never smell a campfire ever again :cry:

Because they have become "Trailer Queens"?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Larry Messaros » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:43 am

josephhanson wrote:I'm thinking that those poor trailers will never smell a campfire ever again :cry:

You may be right Joe, but I think the whole reason for fixing them up was because they did a lot of traveling to car shows and wanted a place to stay. I may be wrong, but I like to think they still get used.
Larry Messaros
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Grant » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:05 pm

Hey, Larry!

FYI - that red-sided teardrop (in your pictures) behind the '33-'34 Ford Coupe is Li'l Bear #20, built for Bruce (I think) Clark of Bellingham, WA, in 1997. It's a 4.5'x8' model with a custom hand-built door and interior seating pkg. that he had upholstered. He originally painted it lavender to match his blown hemi-powered '29 Ford roadster, and yes, he used it ... a LOT!

Thought you'd like to know. Thanks for posting the pics - it's sure nice to see that trailer looking so good!

CHEERS!

Grant
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're on Teardrop Time" ... so kick back and focus on the Good Stuff!
Grant
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Larry Messaros » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:21 pm

Thanks Grant.

I thought that was one of yours, and I was waiting for you to comment!

The serial tag was faded so I couldn't read the manfacturer's name.

These folks were from Washington State as well, and yes, it looks great.

When the kids are all groweded up, that is what I would like to travel around in!! :D :D :D

Question: I was admiring the door. How did you make it! Care to share your secrets? :D
Larry Messaros
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Grant » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:39 pm

Hi, Larry!

"Question: I was admiring the door. How did you make it! Care to share your secrets?"

I've been asked that a lot! And, no, I don't mind sharing THAT secret ... ;-} ;-} ...!

Start with a radius-corner baggage-door frame sized to your needs (that one was 32"Wx36"H and came from All-Rite, but they won't sell frames-only anymore); the main part of the door is 1/4" smoked Lexan; the radius-corner tinted sliding screened window was sourced from a horse/stock-trailer mfg (Sooner or Featherlite, etc.), and that one measured 14"Hx22"W; shower-door window welting snugs up the Lexan in the inner-frame; chromed paddle-type hinges from Featherlite; a locking push-button storm-door handle & latch, and a few scraps of 1/2" Plexi/Lexan for spacers for the handle and hinges (body side).

Today there are some really interesting hinges and handles/latches available (look on the back of the high-end fiberglass campershells), but be forwarned: MY COST for that door (1997 remember, and materials only) was in the $300 range.

Hope that helps some folks out! In the meantime ...

CHEERS!

Grant
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're on Teardrop Time" ... so kick back and focus on the Good Stuff!
Grant
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to Traditional Designs