Larger size teardrop?

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Larger size teardrop?

Postby pete.wilson » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:14 pm

Hey

Does anyone have any pics or details on a 2+2 style of teardrop? With Wife and 3 boys (9, 7, 4), I need more than a usual 2 person. Thanks all.

Pete Wilson

P.S. Now if I can make this into an off-road design, so much the better.
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby doug hodder » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:13 pm

Pete...check the design library in the heading. 2+2 plans are there and you can do what you want to them to modify them to suit your needs. 2 adults and 3 growing kids will be a challenge however. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby pete.wilson » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Hey

Thanks Doug,

I guess it helps if I look around a bit before waisting anybodies time.

Pete Wilson
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby starleen2 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:50 pm

Welcome, sometimes it is not a waste to ask - someone on the forum might guide you to the right place! :D
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby jagular7 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:11 pm

There have been many variations of a teardrop, but they all come back to a couple or size of 3 with a real small person as one of them.

Best thing is to go through the Tiny Travel Trailer Designs discussion groups to get an idea of what others have done. I'm in the basic same scenario with my camping. My camping is associated to my jeeping. I usually have my 11yo son with me, but my 14yo daughter has recently wanting to come. I once had a 4x8 td but it alas was too small for me and my son. To add, I had to 'unpack' to sleep in the td. Just something to consider for another other type of camper.
I've come to the conclusion that an expandable TTT would work best. I'm looking at a modified version of the Compact 3. It will have a sleep queen up front, be a rear entry design, storage cabinets both sides near the door and many other refinements for use. It will be a tilt roof design if I prefer to have standup room similarly to the Winter Warriors you'll see in the Hall of Fame photos. This would work great of a single or 2. If I need another sleep area, the top would configure into a flip top similar to the Flip-pacdesign. This provides something similarly to a bed loft.

Good luck.
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

Postby TinKicker » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:43 pm

I thought I was the only one with "humanoid nocturnal stackage logistics" difficulties! I've got a 12 and 15 year old, so I've been looking at the 2+2 setup myself. Thankfully, we're none of us very tall people.
The original teardrop shape is what first drew me to these little campers (so practical, yet explosively cool), so I LOATHE the idea of using any other form factor. Yet, logic keeps screaming, "You can't fit your family in there! You need a BIG SQUARE BOX!!!!"
Yet...I refuse. I WILL find a way to shoehorn everybody into something that appears to be a 4x8 tear on the outside, but sleeps like a Winnebago on the inside.
Uh, anybody with any great ideas, feel free to shoot them my way. :worship:
Seriously, I'm thinking I'll just put a truck tent on my Tacoma for the kids and let the loose end drag. Now to find a truck tent for the double cab four door I've got (that's only got a 5 foot long bed).
Let me know what you come up with, pete.wilson. Maybe we can help each other. Happy trails to you. :peace:
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby ARKPAT » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:30 pm

You might look thru the design library. :thinking:

I was looking earlier a Dee's site HERE.
You might see something that might be what you are looking for. :thinking:

:thumbsup:

Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:01 am

:) I was looking through and realized I saw this yesterdayImage
http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=20280
Room for 3 boys will be harder as they grow up. You might put the older boys in a truck topper and the little one with you for now. Older kids tend to try to frighten little ones.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby grant whipp » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:27 am

Hang in there, guys & gals!

Andrew & I are hashing out the final details of my Campster12 ... it'll sleep 4 easily, and a fifth if they are small and Mom & Dad don't mind sharing their bed ...

Patience , Pilgrims ... patience ... :lol: ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:30 am

grant whipp wrote:Hang in there, guys & gals!

Andrew & I are hashing out the final details of my Campster12 ... it'll sleep 4 easily, and a fifth if they are small and Mom & Dad don't mind sharing their bed ...

Patience , Pilgrims ... patience ... :lol: ...

CHEERS!

Grant

:twisted: Well I suppose it will be worth the wait. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby TinKicker » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Miriam, I wonder if that smaller one was tagged along behind the bigger tear? That would solve my growth problems, but I think it's illegal to double-tow here in 'Bama. I guess I could stack 'em. HA! The more I think about it, the more I lean toward a pickup bed tent for my two kids (girl 15, boy 12). I just have a dream...
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Return to Traditional Designs