Woody info needed.

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Woody info needed.

Postby dmckruit » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:34 pm

Does anyone know where I can find more information on the Woody pictured?

I borrowed this photo from the Vintage Plans section.

I really like the look of the exterior and was hoping there were more photos or plans for this design that I may incorporate into my own build.

I found these plans on a Woodie website which I may use as a general guide for my measurements for a 10 footer.

http://www.oldwoodies.com/shoptalk-trailer.htm
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:28 pm

Yeah, I agree that is a nice looking woody tear drop. Don't know anything about it though. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:03 pm

There's a nice rear shot of it and the tow vehicle on page 37 of Douglas Keisters new book ($20.00) Teardrops and Tiny Trailers. Buy the book, :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby grant whipp » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:53 am

That's Cliff Parker's rig, from SoCal. If memory serves me right, it's a woody re-do over a vintage tin-skinned teardrop of unknown origin. The trailer is stunning to say the least! If you go to the S.C.T.T.'s website - www.touringtears.com - and browse the Gathering pictures there, you'll likely see many photos of it. Likewise if you peruse the S.C.T.T. Gathering photos on the www.teardrops.net website, Larry's Outback Teardrop site, and good ol' Gage's site ... Cliff and his trailer are frequent visitors to those and several vintage trailer rallies in the southland (of California).

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby dmckruit » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:52 am

SWEET! Thanks for the info. Coincidentaly, I ordered the "Teardrops and Tiny Trailers" book last week from Amazon for $13.59. I should be receiving it in a day or two.
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Return to Traditional Designs