definitive list of the various types of Tears?

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

definitive list of the various types of Tears?

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:17 am

I'm wondering if there exists a definitive list of the various types of TDs, and what makes them what they are? I read a lot about "Benroy" and Cubby", as well as many others. Has anyone put together such a list?

Inquiring minds want to know...

I'm putting this in the Traditional Designs sections, as it seems appropriate. However, if there is a better place, let me know.

Cliff
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby madjack » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:40 am

Cliff, that would be hard list to populate, since so many builders have come up with their own designs or modified existing designs to suit their own tastes and needs...you have some of the original designs from MechIllus/PopMech which cover the Cubby and Trailer for Two, the Cub/Modernistic, the Benroy and then you have very distinctive designs from Grant Whipp, Camp-Inn, So-Cal and other manufacturers and these are followed by individual designs such as Mike's Weekender, our AlligatorTear and many others, that all copied or were inspired by others...and the list continues to grow by the day.......
madjack 8)

p.s. by the standards of this board, "Teardrop" covers everything that you can't stand up in and USUALLY has a galley in the back, if you can stand up init, it will fall into the TinyTravelTrailer category which goes up to around 15' and has a single axle...as in all rules, there are exceptions and crossovers in these two categories.......MJ
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:32 pm

madjack wrote:Cliff, that would be hard list to populate...

True. I was kind of looking for a "guide" so when somebody says "I'm going with a Benroy", we can kind of know what a Benroy is. For instance, I'm building a weekender, and I see it as a boxy design with a galley, a sloping front and a sloping back with a section in the middle that is close to level but still sheds water. A grasshopper is similar, but tends to lack the galley. Of course, I wouldn't bet any money on my definitions. :D
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Woody » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:33 pm

I have to agree with MADJACK on the definition. One thing that usually lacks in the definition though is the the people involved. The Teardrop, Tiny trailer culture in which people from all walks of life come together because of them, the love of camping, and have a good time doing it. I found that the main advantage at gatherings is that such a diverse crowd all have this common element which brings so many together. A SENSE OF HUMOR also helps, ya have to have it in order to enjoy it. It is not for everyone. :lol:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby starleen2 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:11 pm

I say from expience as one with a "breadbox" camper, that we have been welcome at evey event / gathering. The beauty of this - each style is different and unique - customized by the owner / builder. Iwouldn't know one style from another
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby angib » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:28 am

I think the most complete list with photos has been made by Nick (of this parish) - but I'm sure he'd say it's just fairly thorough, rather than truly comprehensive, as there are just so many teardrop designs.

Nick's Teardrop Photo Page

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:05 pm

angib wrote:I think the most complete list with photos has been made by Nick (of this parish) - but I'm sure he'd say it's just fairly thorough, rather than truly comprehensive, as there are just so many teardrop designs.

Nick's Teardrop Photo Page

Andrew

Exactly what I was looking for! :applause:

Thanks!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Return to Traditional Designs