Big Kenskill

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Postby Carter » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Andrew,
as you know, it it just the opposite here, we mostly use full axles. Price is about the same and installation is a bit easier. My indecision about hub face dimension sent me to the half axles. I am regretting it a bit because where I would like to put the unit has the outboard screws into the frame rail. I would not have this problem with a full due the way they are mounted. No problem, I have a work-around if need be. The planning is more than half the fun in most endeavors.
JIM
I need a new Avatar. I'd put my dog up there but she doesn't look much like me. She's the skinny one.
Carter
Gold Donating Member

Never Mind

Postby Carter » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:27 am

By the time I finished the frame I decided I would rather build another smaller standy. Sold the frame to a nice gentleman from Ohio and will start another in the spring. Thanks all for the encouragement.

Jim
I need a new Avatar. I'd put my dog up there but she doesn't look much like me. She's the skinny one.
Carter
Gold Donating Member

KenSkill

Postby seabee74 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:20 pm

I'm also starting a Kenskill teardrop tomorrow.....112 inches and I love that profile. Woodworking a hobby so this should be fun......I'll post some pics as I move along.....
seabee74
Teardrop Builder

Re: KenSkill

Postby Classic Finn » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:29 pm

seabee74 wrote:I'm also starting a Kenskill teardrop tomorrow.....112 inches and I love that profile. Woodworking a hobby so this should be fun......I'll post some pics as I move along.....

Seabee74 that is a very nice profile that you have on your tear. Had to take a looksee in your gallery. Nice work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Do you have more pics available? Id sure love to see some more ;)

Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Previous

Return to Traditional Designs