Eriba Puck

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Postby rebapuck » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:18 pm

I'm such a dunce. Forgot that when I first ordered the jockey wheel, I bought a bottle jack for this very purpose. If I can just remember where I put it...
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby triker45 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Pic test. My Puck and VW trike.
triker45
Teardrop Master

Postby rebapuck » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Geez, I wish I had a garage.

After some finageling, I got the axlepin out of the old wheel. Had to pound it out with a screwdriver and a hammer. This had been done before (by me and PO)and the edge of the axlepin was now flared abit. Absolutely would not go into the new wheel. So I used a rasp to remove the flare. Slipped right in. Greased it up and put it back in the brackets.

Headed off to the storage lot. Soon as I drove up, I realised I'd left the mallet at home. Turned around and headed home. Got back to the Puck and saw the bottlejack had deflated and I didn't have the pumphandle. Had to use a screwdriver I had in the Puck.

It's on now and we're ready to go camping....April 14th. Going to EveryBus XII, just south of Greensboro NC. I'll be towing with the '66 VW camper. Sure hope I can make it without any trouble. For once, I'd like to not limp into a campground.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby rebapuck » Wed May 05, 2010 11:09 am

Set the jockey wheel just abit too low and lost a little rubber. But still good. I did NOT limp in. New engine did great.

Fore,

and aft
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

More visual progress

Postby AZSpyder » Sun May 23, 2010 7:48 pm

I have made some progress. It has been building cabinets for what seems like forever. All of the cabinets were replaced. Most were using the original and mostly rotted as patterns. The galley was a different layout and had to be scratch built.

It still needs new upholstery. I pulled off some covers and found what must be the original material. Actually not bad except the horse hair padding has broken down and the springs are leaving their pattern on the seats. They are someplace for me and my boys to sit for now.

My boys enjoying the AC

Here are some views through the door and one from the back. The area to the right of the potty stowage compartment was going to have some waisted space until I thought of cubbies. Those should be hand for flashlights and such. Easy reach when standing outside the rig.

One of the challenges was potty stowage. I mounted a drawer slide on the floor and a platform the potty sits on.

The American converter along with amp and volt meter, volt meter on switch (also turns on the lights of both meters) a refrigerator DC off switch and a GFI outlet.

AC, refrigerator and potty....the important stuff is ready.

Still need to build a shelf for the back and the table that attaches to the shelf along with trim strips that will cover the edges of the paneling. Also the complete water system needs to be installed and all the sewing work.

Jerry
AZSpyder
Teardrop Master

Postby Ageless » Sun May 23, 2010 8:27 pm

:R

Well done on the woodwork and Royal Blue sets it off very well
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby AZSpyder » Sun May 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Ageless wrote::R

Well done on the woodwork and Royal Blue sets it off very well

That blue is kinda nice. :thinking:
That cloth is going to get tossed when the seats get rebuilt. We hadn't decided on a color you but the original does look good. Too bad that I don't expect we can save it when it comes apart to repair the padding.
AZSpyder
Teardrop Master

Postby rebapuck » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Looks great, Jerry. Think you added much weight?

I'm very interested in your cabinet pulls/latches. I'm still looking for something for mine.

Where did you get the window seals and how much of a PITA were they to put in?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby AZSpyder » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Judy

I don't think I have added a lot of weight since I have also been removing things. I can't guess at the difference but I'll find out one of these days weighing it when it's finally completed. All of my cabinet latches came with it except the one on the potty door. That is a casing window latch from Home depot. All of the original latches are in good shape so I never had to find replacments. If you need some maybe the Eriba Register can help.
http://www.alt-eriba-register.de/html/spareparts.html

I got all of my rubber parts from them except for the fixed window rubber. Replacing it was a complete PITA and I wonder if the stuff from the Eriba Registry would have been easyer.

I got the window rubber from Seals Direct and it included the lock strip. I used part number CS787 for the fixed windows. I also used their US161 on the edge of the pop up. You may want to measure that the 25mm would be the correct size on yours. I messed with some wood spacers and added the ply inner side walls that go under the rubber. With the original wood shims 25mm may still be right but don't try to use 25mm if the opening is 26mm. It may make it real challenging to get the lock strip in.
http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/

The shipping was more then the cost of the seal but it was by far the best price. With as hard as the job was I'm still not sure the best price was the best deal.

If I had know I also would have ordered the glazing tool. It took my about 2 weeks to get the first one in. At one point I had just about decided that it was impossible but eventually started figuring it out. The tool would have helped.

Jerry
AZSpyder
Teardrop Master

Postby AZSpyder » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:50 am

I'll see all you Pucksters around. I have removed the pictures and there won't be anymore updates. I'm moving on.
Jerry
AZSpyder
Teardrop Master

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:24 pm

What on earth happened?!?
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby john » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:05 am

Disappointing!:(

I was enjoying watching your rebuild.

Disappearing is one thing, but
was removing the pics needed?
Build I -- Scenic ---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8121727@N04/
Goto the Tear Build file

Build II -- Scenic II ---
viewtopic.php?t=29603

Build III -- Scenic Solo---
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50324

Travel Blog----Now without Political Commentary
http://polifrogblog.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... -2009.html

The Constitution was ratified, not an interpretation thereof...

Penomeli ikibobo
john
john
500 Club

Postby AZSpyder » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:17 pm

[quote="john"]Disappointing!:(

I was enjoying watching your rebuild.

Disappearing is one thing, but
was removing the pics needed?[/quote]

I didn't actually mean to remove the pictures from the thread. I was just cleaning up on the way out and emptied my gallery. Found then they were also removed form any posting. Just adding the pictures back to the gallery doesn't add them back to the thread so oh well, their gone. I don't know of a easy undo. I'm not sure it is worth the trouble of setting them back up. It was nice to know that there was at least one person (besides Judy) that was reading them.
I will be adding them to my personal web pages eventually. I have needed to do some updates there anyway.
Jerry
AZSpyder
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Traditional Designs