(Australian) Sportsman Cub profile

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

(Australian) Sportsman Cub profile

Postby angib » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Paul in Australia asked me a long while ago for a profile drawing of this pretty little Australian teardrop:

Finally I've got them done (just profiles, not plans) and I thought others might be interested in them, so I've added them to my Profiles page

Image Image

The one on the left is the same 7ft length as the original, while the right one is stretched to 8ft.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby tinksdad » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:22 pm

You just know that I'm going to download the profiles and play with them in Sketchup, don't you?? :duh

I think I have a 3-D model of every one of your profiles done so far. These will have to wait until after the weekend probably. I leave Thursday after work for Huntsville, Alabama with the tear for some R&R.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby PaulC » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:49 am

Hey, I was gonna let everyone know :o :lol:

Thanks for doing them for me Andrew. I've convinced the Handbrake that our next one will be the 8 footer(even though we use metric down here)

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby grant whipp » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Hey, Paul!

That's a really interesting design! Would you happen to have any more pics and maybe some history you could send me to add to our archives & historical collection? You can e-mail me directly at [email protected] or [email protected]

Very much appreciated, my Friend! As another piece of the History of Teardrop Trailers falls into place ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby PaulC » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:51 am

For those that are interested, this is where I found the info on them.

http://vintagecaravans.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chat&action=display&thread=2054

Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Return to Traditional Designs