Cabin car?

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Postby madjack » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:45 pm

GH good to see progress isn't, Have you thought about setting the axle back...it looks like it may need it or riskk being light on the tongue...if you look at TomS build journal I think he has it documented about how he did it on a similar trailer or you might want to consider buying a set of Kuffel Creek Cubby plans for that info and a lotta other reference/question answering material
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Green Hornet » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:59 pm

I thought about moving it. I believe that with the overhang I am going to have I might be ok. I don't want to do it unless I absolutly have to. As is the door will clear the wheel nicely. If I need more weight up front I may add a storage box on the spare tire carrier, if needed. We will see. Being bolt togeterh I think it can be done after the build also. KISS if ya know what I mean....Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck wise guy! Love yer Larry by the way! I wanna be Shemp if you have any more of those Avitar thingys!
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:16 pm

KISS is a major design consideration for all things(life included) I think Steve_Cox has already stol...er, used the Shemp avatar...sorry
madjack 8)
madjack
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Green Hornet » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:32 pm

I fully understand....and I refuse to be "Joe Besser" he was no stooge...he was an MBCL! :lol:
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby Green Hornet » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:02 pm

And so am I!
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby Green Hornet » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:50 pm

Spent time this morning putting the sub-floor together. Had to rush a bit before I had to get ready for work, so no pics. I will try to get something up next week. It turned out to be quite time consuming cutting lap joints. I had a bright idea to use the router, the only blade I had was too short :x
Wound up using the ole table saw with good results, have a couple more boards to cut. Then glue and screw! :thumbsup:
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby Green Hornet » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:11 pm

Got the sub floor done just a lil bit ago and have a pic of where I am at so far. getting too dark to lay the floor down!
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:44 pm

Good looking base.Are you going to use the factory fenders or build something out of wood? :thinking:
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Postby Green Hornet » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:08 pm

I am going to box them in. I might use fiberglass or epoxy to seal this area well. Thanks for the encouragement! My oldest son and I are having great fun together! :thumbsup:
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:44 pm

GH glad to here of the father son team. Seeings how I only get my 8 yr old son every other weekend he enjoys helping me when he's here. Also he calls to see whats gotten done during the weeks away. :thumbsup: He loves seeing something created by hand with no plans just using ones imagination.
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Postby Green Hornet » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:05 pm

My oldest boy is 13, and is really taking an intrest in seeing this through with me. He is drinking it in. Learning about tools and how things go together. Good times :thumbsup:
Got the floor cut out and sealed it with the roofing tar. Going to screw it in place in the afternoon. :twisted:
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby fromscratch » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:28 pm

Hi there. The CC is what brought me to this great site. That's actually what I am going to build. I spoke with the guy who built the CC in the build pictures. He is a very nice guy and very modest of his skills. His is very large and very heavily constructed.I am going to build it lighter and a little smaller. If I use epoxy and lighter materials I think I can acomplish my goals.I am going to build it with a bathroom(toilet no Bidet :) ) in it. The bathroom will be at the front inside with access through a sliding door. I scan this site reguarly for trailer info. That's what's holding me up. The "CabinCar" is truely a very beautiful work of art for the time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
Benjamin Franklin
fromscratch
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Green Hornet » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:15 am

stay tuned jus4fun cuz thats what I am trying to do too. Gonna get my ply for the sides tomorrow and cut them out. I was inspired by your buddies build, by the way. He did a fantastic job.
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby Feral XJ-SC » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:23 pm

Well that will make three of us starting Cabin Car inspired builds in the near future.
Robert
Feral XJ-SC
Donating Member

Postby fromscratch » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:25 pm

You guys care to share any frame info? What length? What type of steel(Suqare orC)? What suspension? Where is the wheel going to sit? The origional CC the wheels sit far to the back. I am not sure that is a good idea. What say you?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
Benjamin Franklin
fromscratch
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Traditional Designs