Cabin car?

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Postby Green Hornet » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:09 pm

Just have to wire up some lights. I was waiting until the end to do this cuz I was hoping to find something a little more "cabincar-ish" than the Harbor Frieght dealies. I have some interior stuff to do still. Gotta build the wall between the sleeping area and galley and have to put in a water tank. Almost there :D
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby 48Rob » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:24 pm

Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Green Hornet » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:46 pm

SWEEEET...don't bid against me!
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby 48Rob » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:14 pm

:D No worries,

I bought originals...well, original to something...

Got them at a swap meet cause I liked the look, and cause a fellow a couple rows over had several more really cheap (extra glass lenses).

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Green Hornet » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:31 pm

So far I only have the most basic of interiors done. The kiddies like it though. Used an old futon mattress and a couple leather pillows from our couch! Quite comfy!
I made a large screen facing out to the galley. For a bit of ventilation when the galley is propped open, and put a simple shelf in place. To hold some things.
I am going to make up a bumper, probably, more like bumprettes! This weekend. Going to use two 2' long oak boards on each side of the galley and hook up the taillights and plate too and we might just be ready for a test run this weekend. Keep ya posted!
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby 48Rob » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:52 pm

Those boys sure look happy!

I think they're ready to go camping :thumbsup:

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby firstyearta » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:56 am

I found this site today and read all 10 pages of your cabin car build and then it just seemed to end in January of 2006 with page 10. Just curious what became of the build?
firstyearta
Teardrop Inspector

Cabin Car

Postby HallTree » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:21 am

I am new to this site and am very interested in this 'Cabin Car' Form. I have just finished reading all 10 pages and also enjoyed looking at Rob's photo's and was wondering why the post stoped.
Ron in Minnesota
HallTree
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:59 pm

I just tried email Green Hornet... but to no avail. He's disappeared! :(

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Cabin Car on ebay

Postby firstyearta » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:56 pm

I see there is an original Cabin Car listed now on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1947-tea ... enameZWDVW
firstyearta
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Cabin car?

Postby Andymanout » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Oh sweet spars and varnish that is an excellent adaptation! I think that is precisely what I want to build! Did you make up any scaled plans? I think I could replicate your efforts! I am heading to Harbor Freight in the next day or two for the HD Trailer! If you have the time and inclination I would love more pictures. Your efforts show a classic craftsman lives inside!
"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." I'm gonna do it in a teardrop.
Andymanout
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Traditional Designs