4 bolt rims/wheels?

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

4 bolt rims/wheels?

Postby Mrs.Anthony337 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:33 pm

Situation handled, please delete.
Last edited by Mrs.Anthony337 on Sat May 29, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Eugena
Shasta Compact
Mrs.Anthony337
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ageless » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:54 pm

If you can get the dimensions of the bolt pattern, best bet would be a local wrecking yard.
Strangers on this road we are on; we are not two, we are one - Raymond Douglas Davies
Ageless
Platinum Donating Member

Postby len19070 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:04 am

First off what your looking for is a Car rim that will fit your trailer.

I Think?

Without knowing what Make, Model and year car it came from.

A wrecking yard/Junk Yard would be your best bet. Walk in with the hub in hand.

Find out the dimension from the hub face to the frame, ask somebody here, right now many people are at a building point where it would be very easy for them to get and forward that dimension to you.....What Frame do you have?

This is important.

Many people have done this using just the bolt pattern and the tire has hit the frame.

This is very easy to check at the yard. Bring a ruler., on the back of the wheel get a dimension from the flat spot on the rim (next to a bolt hole) and measure to the outside of the tire.

If that dimension is less than the Hub face to frame dimension (by at least an inch), it will work

The correct ones are out there and are plentiful. But so are the wrong ones.

Choosing a trailer wheel is a 2 part question.

Bolt pattern and hub face to frame dimension.

BTW if you go to a Auto parts place LOOK FOR AN OLD GUY (old guys are invaluable, they know and remember things without computers) give him the Hub face/frame dimension, the hub or bolt pattern and the size wheel you want.

He may be able to help you...but don't ask a kid. Unless you have a cars make, year and model He'll tell you they don't sell trailer rims.

Hope this helps.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Hey there. Boy I wish you lived just a bit closer I could help you get 4 bolt wheels..

Here in our country its us looking for normal 5 bolt wheels. ;) :thumbsup:

The folks above gave you good advice though.

:thumbsup:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby synaps3 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Be careful with the rims you get -- most trailer wheels and spindles have a 0 degree offset. You'll put a lot of strain on the spindle, and risk snapping it if you don't maintain the proper offset! :?
-- Dave

Build log: here
synaps3
The 300 Club

Postby Mrs.Anthony337 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 pm

...we were able to get the wheels off fairly easily (mostly just surface rust!)- it was the tree branches that we had to cut away at and other vines that were most of our trouble. We were able to buy the new tires and were able to get the wheels off- we dropped them off at a store near the trailer for them to mount the tires. We'll be picking them up on the way to the trailer tomorrow morning- and if no problems arise, we'll be towing her home! She seems quite sturdy and stable- maybe the 36 years she's been encased in that tree and ivy had done her some good after all?! (lol)

So...if all goes well, she comes home tomorrow- we'll end up buying new wheels at some point and putting these new tires on 'em...then having these rims refinished or something. Spares? My husband has to work the afternoons and I have school- so won't be able to start cleaning til Wednesday, I think- excited to see her clean.

Thanks for everyone's responses. Much appreciated!
-Eugena
Shasta Compact
Mrs.Anthony337
Teardrop Builder

Postby rladams39 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:47 pm

If your rims are 4 lug rims, Mid 70's Chevy Monza's had 4 bolt rims, They were 4 on 4". and some mid 70's small fords, Mustang , Pinto Etc had 4 on 4 1/4" wheels.

Also if you have a goodyear Commercial tire center (SEMI TRUCK TIRES) around some of them sandblast and powder coat semi rims in house, You might could have your rims refinished by them, the one here will do rims for $40 a piece, If you dont mind White rims.
rladams39
Teardrop Master

Postby Mrs.Anthony337 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:59 pm

This is an old thread...situation has been handled. I'm going to see about trying to delete the thread.
-Eugena
Shasta Compact
Mrs.Anthony337
Teardrop Builder

Return to Traditional Designs