Reverse TD

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Reverse TD

Postby bedford » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm not sure if a reverse TD is classed a traditional design, but I want one! :thumbsup:

This looks like it might be 4 foot wide, but includes inside galley, fridge, what more could you want? Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me.

This also looks like a professionally built job. Are there any plans along these lines for D.I.Y ?
bedford
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:01 am

As I understand it, the reverse tears must have a removable tongue, our you would be constantly straddling it and banging your shins. I'm not sure how that affects the structural integrity of the tongue, but if that's what you want, go for it!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby bedford » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:22 am

[quote="Cliffmeister2000"]As I understand it, the reverse tears must have a removable tongue, our you would be constantly straddling it and banging your shins. I'm not sure how that affects the structural integrity of the tongue, but if that's what you want, go for it![/quote]

This one is different. Only the tear shape is reversed, but as you can see from the picture, the galley and entrance door are are the back - so no tripping over the tongue. The reverse shape gives you maximum height at the back.
bedford
Teardrop Inspector

Reverse Teardrop

Postby Mark_Mayger » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:19 am

Hi Bedford,

I reckon you will find that teardrop on the Australian Yahoo Group site.
Try this address:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/tea ... op=eupdate

I can't remember the builders name, but he has built a number Teardrops all of which look A1.

Regards, Mark.
Mark_Mayger
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Alleged User » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:53 am

Probably not much help to you, but Little Guy sells a reverse as well. Might get some ideas and specs from their site.
Kelly & Duke
2011 ZZ Drop
Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. - Eskimo proverb
Alleged User
Donating Member

Location: Northern Virginia...not to be confused with Virginia.

Postby bobhenry » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 am

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:As I understand it, the reverse tears must have a removable tongue, our you would be constantly straddling it and banging your shins. I'm not sure how that affects the structural integrity of the tongue, but if that's what you want, go for it!

Cliff : Could you be confused with the Jim Dandy.

http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/teardrop/tear43.htm

One of the members of our Hoosier Tearjerker chapter has one and yes because of the front galley the tongue on his is removable. It is rather robust and is double safety pinned for security. I was quite impressed seeing this unit up close and personal.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby navigangsta » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm thinking of building something similar to this

No side windows, just a rear door and a vent on top.

4x7 or 4x8

going for something ultra simple and ultralite so even my wifes scion xb can haul it.

no galley
navigangsta
Teardrop Inspector

Postby navigangsta » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:15 pm

navigangsta
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Reverse TD

Postby logman7777 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:41 pm

Basically a smaller/modern version of the rear door Scotty in the Design resources section. :thumbsup:
Coleman Keepers 200A Gang
Green Lantern Corpsmen
High Wide and Handsome Probationary Member
Happy Camping!! -Andy
logman7777
500 Club

Postby Junkboy999 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Hey Bedford.

Not sure if your would classify that as a reverse teardrop. If you look at the running lights on the fender and the tail lights on the back end it is a dead giveaway that the tongue is still there pointing to the street. It just has a rear entry camper and internal kitchen.

Also look at the decal graphics on the sides. Every one know if your place your stickers on your camper you place them behind the wheel, in the direction of travel. Placing them in front of the wheels increases drag…

Ha hah just kidding. Not sure if there is any D I Y plans for that same camper but that is basically a smaller and more compact design of a wild goose type of camper. I'm sure if you studied those planes you can make a small one like this with no problem.
Junkboy999
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby PaulC » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:34 am

bedford wrote:I'm not sure if a reverse TD is classed a traditional design, but I want one! :thumbsup:

This looks like it might be 4 foot wide, but includes inside galley, fridge, what more could you want? Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me.

This also looks like a professionally built job. Are there any plans along these lines for D.I.Y ?

I'm pretty sure that unit was built by Keith Gales, at about 76 years of age, when he did it.
Cool huh
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Return to Traditional Designs