8ft long Grumman

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

8ft long Grumman

Postby angib » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:09 pm

An 8ft long version of the Grumman (just the profile PDF) has been added to my Grumman page.

Image Image
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Re: 8ft long Grumman

Postby eamarquardt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:45 pm

That is a cool drawing. I've just been using schedule 125 (thin wall) PVC pipe to loft profiles. I screw it in place using conduit clamps. Easy and quick to change.

Here's a picture but I'm gonna modify the profile a bunch.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby dwgriff1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Is this the same as the "ultra light"?
That Ultra Light may or may not be ultra light, depending on how it was built, but I still think it is one of the better profiles out there.
Those rounded front and back corners cost floor space, but I liked and like the design!
dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Can I get a dxf of that? ;) With the door opening too?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby angib » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:03 pm

I suspect if there were two identical profiles, one called the Ultralight and one called an 8ft Grumman, most people would think the Grumman looked nicer........ There's a lot in a name.
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby coyote » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:51 pm

I found this drawing somewhere in the mess (to my confused mind) last year, and its what I used to work towards. I am very pleased with the looks. Last clear is drying today and will make the Beavers Bend get together on the 24/25 th.
Just drug a 4x8 sheet of coroplast in the front room, got a couple measuring sticks and went at it. I'm only 5' 9, and wife 5'0, so seems there will be room enough. I'll know more in a couple weeks! :D
coyote
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Brushy_Bill » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:02 pm

I have a dxf file I have been playing around with. I will try and get it to you.
It is mostly profile and rear storage arrangement planning. Just to see what I could fit
in it. The man profile used is 5'9"
It is a tight design, but I mainly need a "bed in a box' for one or two night stays. On a 4x8 platform.
I have a friend who goes with me on occasions, she is barely 5 foot tall. We can sleep in a one person backpacking
tent, and have many times.
The galley will not hold much, But I live out of coolers on the weekends when camping for a
night or two. I usually camp where electric is available and at those times I use a goerge foreman grill, and or
an electric griddle. Have a gas stove and pots and pans when electric is not available.
I mainly need something I can build quickly so that I can have one to use while I build a
foam standie.

Here is a .png file of what I have. With the .dxf file I have, I can "save as" in many different formats.
To suit your needs.
Anyone interested can private message me with an e-mail address I can send the file to.

Brushy_Bill
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Traditional Designs