Design contemplation

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Design contemplation

Postby CheshyreKatt » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:50 pm

:thinking:

I'm contemplating a Kampmaster/Wild Goose with a shortened hatch more like a Cabin Car (i.e. not room to stand up, not so much cabinetry). It would lengthen the cabin area (though, provide much the same sleeping scenario as Andrew's 2+2.

I like the shape of the KM/WG best...easer profile on the tail, roomy interior (again, with changes seen in Interior 2 of Andrew's new KM). By closing off the back end, gives PLENTY of internal storage, and still have a traditional tear galley. Really, it ends up just being an elongated tear, but wider and long enough to give plenty of stretch room while sleeping (those of us 6'1" 260# folk need room).

Any other ideas/suggestions?
-CK

Truth is not what you seek....it is what you find. What you find...is not what you were looking for.
CheshyreKatt
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Feral XJ-SC » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:59 am

I am contemplating a Cabin Car-like design too, except wider 78, and maybe 15% longer and taller (20 inches longer to 156, and 8 inches taller to about 63). I like both the profile and the essentially three foot door. I also need it to sleep at least three, so I will have a transverse berth at the front.

I think I will use 3 x 3 for the frame, (52 outside edge of the frame, 68 hubface (I have rims with huge 2 inch postive offsets)). The rearward placement of the tires (necessary for the placement of the door) puts a lot of the weight on the hitch, but the total effect is cool! Andrew and his website are a lot of help!
Robert
Feral XJ-SC
Donating Member

Return to Traditional Designs