New here...what do you think of this plan?

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

New here...what do you think of this plan?

Postby Alison » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:42 pm

My dad and I are looking into building our first tear drop trailer. He and his best friend/neighbor are rather handy. I'm a junior high math teacher.

I was intrigued by a plan called a Wild Goose (looks a lot like a Kampmaster) on this website. How difficult do you think this would be for first timers?

http://www.tinytears.cc/scans.html

Also Tiny Tears has a full size plan of this. Has anyone used their plans before?

Thanks for all the help. I could use it. :)
Alison
Alison
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Dee Bee » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:26 pm

Hi Alison

With three of you working on it you should have no problem. From my experience it is important to have a place to work on the project that is protected from the weather. I hope you have a garage or at least a place to be under roof. By the way check out the designs posted by Andrew, in England. He has a CAD drawing of the design you are interested in along with many others.
http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/teardrop/tear00.htm

He calls it the New Kampmaster.

You might consider the final weight of the TD you plan to build, the trailer frame you will need under it and the vehicle you will use to tow. Each part will affect the other.

Let us know ...

Dee Bee
Grace happens...
Dee Bee
500 Club

Postby larryl » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:31 am

Alison:

Go for it. My daughter and Father-in-law built a Cubby, plans from Kuffle Creek.

Larry
larryl
Teardrop Master

Re: New here...what do you think of this plan?

Postby Gage » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:11 pm

Alison wrote:.............I was intrigued by a plan called a Wild Goose (looks a lot like a Kampmaster) on this website. How difficult do you think this would be for first timers?
http://www.tinytears.cc/scans.html
Also Tiny Tears has a full size plan of this. Has anyone used their plans before?
Thanks for all the help. I could use it. :)
Alison
The plans that you see on the Tiny Tears' site is a scan from the April 1953 Popular Mechanics mag. They are ok, not great. But those and the layout that Andrew has (New Kampmaster), you should be able to build one and add a few of your own ideas. The main thing is in building any teardrop is: Take your time, think things out and use common sense. Oh, and ask questions. You'll get several answers, some good, some bad and some questionable but the answers will came.

So with that said, good luck in your new adventure and have a good day.

8)
P.S. Most of the people on this board never built a teardrop before including me.
Also, when you start the build. Be sure to take pictures. :pictures: Madjack just loves da pictures.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:45 pm

Hey Alison...I think Gage just about sums it all up...so hello, howdy and welcome to the board...if y'all are handy or at least not too dangerous in the shop, then you should be able to build what ever ya want...so start your plan...ask your questions and make some sawdust and yes we alllllllllllll luv da pics :D
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Traditional Designs