Plans that include convertable seating

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Plans that include convertable seating

Postby Still Has Potential » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:28 pm

I am in search of plans to build a Luxo-tear style 5x9 that incorporates seating. I would like to keep the exterior cabin height at 48" and plan on a 6" deep foot well. I think there is a way to make the angles and dimensions accommodate a single, front facing bench seat that pulls forward to convert to the head end of the mattress, but I can't seem to design one that gives adequate head room. I'm not worried about the foot well cover converting to a table. Are there plans available that would at least show the dimensions of the seating area? I have a 5 x 8 Tractor Supply utility trailer that is itching to morph into a teardrop.
Still Has Potential
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Plans that include convertable seating

Postby kayakdlk » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm

I am not sure exactly what you are looking for but I know Steve Fredericks Lil'Diner 1&2 teardrop builds included seating and a dinning table. Check out his builds at http://www.campingclassics.com/index.html. I bought his build manual (I highly recommend it) and he has answered several of my emails and questions.

Good luck with your build
Dan
kayakdlk
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Plans that include convertable seating

Postby Still Has Potential » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks Dan- I've looked over the Lil diner build very closely-gorgeous trailer and wonderful design. I'm looking to scale it back in size, something closer to what Vistabule makes in terms of scale and the type of seating.

BTW I read through your build and enjoyed it- -attractive camper, looks fun

-Steve
Still Has Potential
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Traditional Designs