A few new pictures of my project

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

A few new pictures of my project

Postby 48Rob » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:04 pm

It's been too cold and miserable to work on the trailer in my big shop, no insulation and the fumes from the diesel heater are not nice.
So, I backed it into my garage at home (one of the best reasons for owning a tear).

Anyway, it doesn't look much different, as most of the recent effort has been to complete systems.
I got the new Deltran charger installed.
Installed the 120Volt system.
Got the TV cable system done.
Almost done with the propane,
Got my new mattress,
And the best part, installing shiny things!

Here are a couple shots...

Click on the link if you'd like to see the album.

Rob
http://photobucket.com/albums/v284/1948rob/Cabin%20car%20project
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Chris C » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:17 pm

DANG!!! Good lookn' teardrop. (Bet that's the only teardrop with Bordello mirrors inside!!!) :lol:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Sonetpro » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:19 pm

Rob Sure does look good. That's some fine woodwoking. :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby 48Rob » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:47 pm

Chris,

Hmmm, I wondered why the sales lady kept looking at me funny when I told her where I was going to put the mirror.

And I thought she was giggling with her friend cause they thought I was cute :lol:

Rob

The mirror is really just to make the tear look bigger :lady:
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 48Rob » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:48 pm

Sonetpro,

Thanks.

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Chris C » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:54 pm

Rob, Rob, Rob. :oops: No wonder they were giggling. And all the time you thought they were flirting with you? Rob, Rob, Rob! :lol: I was just given a 4' x 8' sheet of 1/8" mirrored Plexiglas.....................now I know where I'm going to use it. :twisted: :laughter:

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby madjack » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:33 pm

Chris, Chris, Chris, Chris, :shock: watchur girlfriend gonna say :lol: :lol: :lol: ...hey Rob that interior sure looks invitin'...oughta sleep good :thumbsup: :applause:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:27 pm

She'll say.....................(well, maybe I'd better not share that here on the site) :shock:

Chris C

Postby Green Hornet » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:51 pm

VERY NICE indeed. That's what I call style!
:thumbsup: :applause:
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Postby doug hodder » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:56 pm

48Rob....what can I say that hasn't been said...WOW!!!....great tear...and a great bedspread....chenille in a wedding ring pattern...but then I own a fabric store....I love that honey finish on the wood...got a warm look to it....don't know if I need a mirror though...I know what the dog looks like.... :lol: doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby angib » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:02 am

But shouldn't the mirrors be mounted on the under side of the roof, in between the spars? So that you can see........... Heck, you get the idea.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:32 am

Andrew,

You'll notice I didn't post a shot of the ceiling... :oops:

Actually, I did consider putting a couple mirrors up there, but in the end settled for the one on the back wall.

While no doubt the mirror could serve one or two very useful purposes other than its intended, the idea was to "open up" the smallish dark area where the roof slopes steeply down to the galley wall.

When laying there, it just seemed crowded, but the mirror fixed it, illusions are great!

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 48Rob » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:05 am

Thanks all for the compliments!

The interior is very comfortable and inviting, and when I get closer to finished, and my wife has a hand in figuring out what the curtains, etc. should be, it will look even better!
Right now, the curtains and bed spread are just some old garage sale junk that I tacked up as a visual aid.
Doug, the bedspread is a nice find, and pretty, but the deep mustard background clashes with the burgundy and honey colored wood.
I do like chenille, and will probably try to find some in a better color.

I wanted the bed/cabin to be one that draws you in, and makes you feel relaxed.
Roughing it went out the window years ago, along with the tent.
I chose a good inner spring futon mattress.
They don't give 'em away, but very comfortable they are!
A regular mattress will work too, but they're a bit thicker, and are a lot harder to bend when taking it in or out.

We used a real mattress on our first tear, super comfortable, but tricky to get in or out...

We made the lower section of the galley wall hinged, so the mattress could be removed from the rear.

Speaking of in and out, the size of the Cabin car door is great :thumbsup:

Plenty of room up and sideways, no trouble getting the bed in!

(The mattress in the picture was a temporary one...didn't want to trash the good one while building, but needed something in there to build around)

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby TomS » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:27 am

Rob,

Your Cabin Car is magnificent! Great job. I love your wood work. Who says you can't put a bathroom in a teardrop

:thumbsup:
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:11 am

Thanks Tom,

Your handy work isn't half bad either!

Rob

Bathrooms and old age are good companions...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Next

Return to Traditional Designs