Cabin Car plans (already know about Andrew's)

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Cabin Car plans (already know about Andrew's)

Postby WarPony » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:48 pm

Are there any plans out there for one of these? I've contacted Andrew, 48Rob and Green Hornet about their designs/projects but I would like some more detailed plans. Are these just a traditional design and the inside made to your liking just like all the other tears/trailers?
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:31 pm

Hey, Jeff!

The CabinCar was a commercially produced trailer, made by the RV division of the Fleet Aircraft Co. in Ft. Erie, Ontario, Canada, for a few years before and a few years after WWII. I'm not aware of any plans, detailed or otherwise, for an original as-produced CabinCar. Any info now available (to my knowledge, anyway) will have been gleened from sales literature, photos, the few original trailers still in existance, and pure conjecture. Some mighty fine replicas have been - and are being - built, though! The question is, do you want your version to be an exact reproduction of an original CabinCar ... or a reasonabley accurate replica that is built to suit YOUR camping needs?

For me, the CabinCar is the Holy Grail of teardrops, and I want the real deal original! But as my step-mother always said, "if wishes were horses ..."
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to build my own ... ;-} ;-} ...

Good Luck with your search! And oh, BTW - Lisa says "Hi!" In the meantime ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby WarPony » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:55 pm

Thanks, Grant. Well, I guess that's what I needed to know. I'll use Andrew's patterns and make it how I need it to be. No, I wasn't interested in getting a "balls on" plan for an original but more of a tutorial on how they were built and modifying it to my needs. I'd like to make mine with a combo of 48Rob's bed that's in the back with a setee'(?) in the front instead of a bathroom. I don't care much for a galley in my trailer so I would probably use it for cooler storage and a table to put stuff on while I cook outside (I'm a bit of a smoker man). 8)

Have a good New Year, man. Tell Lisa we said "HI" also. I'm suprised she remembered who we were. Lot's of people at Minden, that's why.
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby Green Hornet » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:33 am

email sent 8)
Good luck with your project. Take lots of pictures :thumbsup:
Green Hornet
Teardrop Master

Return to Traditional Designs