Soft top

This includes traditional teardrop shapes and styles

Soft top

Postby 57speedster » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:55 pm

I've seen some posts about soft tops. Cabinet maker John looks like he has a soft top on his tear. Is this a good Idea? And if so why don't more people do it. It looks really slick and I don't think that rain would be too much of a problem... if you use the right materials. I could see it being a little colder, but camping in the southwest stays pretty warm. Let me know if anyone has expierience with this. Wil
Dualsports, Adventure riding, and Street bikes. Get out and ride your 2 wheels.
www.my2wheels.com
57speedster
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:35 pm

Honestly, the reason I didn't consider a softtop, is because I didn't want a tent above my head. I've camped long enough, and looked at enough tents... I finally said, I want a hard roof over my head, and a comfortable mattress underneath.

So it weighs a few more pounds... I'm going to sleep good, and I don't have to worry about leaks... ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:41 pm

CabintmakerJohn's teardrop isn't really a soft top though, is it? It just thought it was a padded vinyl top over a substrate. :thinking:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Return to Traditional Designs