Campground in east TN

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Campground in east TN

Postby Von Pook » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:47 pm

My lady and I are looking for a campground in east TN, maybe one that has lake side camping so I can fish. Can anyone suggest a campground near Knoxville TN? We are hoping to camp this weekend, thank you
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Re: Campground in east TN

Postby sid » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Try Hornsby Hollow Campground on Watts Bar Lake just south of Knoxville in Ten Mile, TN....http://www.hornsbyhollowcampground.com/

The TN Chapter of Tearjerkers will have their spring gathering there the first weekend of May. You should join us for the fun.

Cheers.... :beer:
Mark and Pat
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Von Pook » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:00 pm

I saw the post about the rally coming up there, and even looked at the website for the campground. I was hoping for something a little closer to the house, for a quick saturday night camping trip. Thank you though
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby coop74 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Von Pook wrote:I saw the post about the rally coming up there, and even looked at the website for the campground. I was hoping for something a little closer to the house, for a quick saturday night camping trip. Thank you though

We, my wife and I, are from Alcoa and we are going to Cades Cove tomorrow for the night... Also there is Look Rock Campground which is almost always available even in peak leaf peeping season. They do close 31 October however.
Robert "Coop" Cooper
coop74
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Von Pook » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Thank you Robert, I just saw your response, have you tried Mile High Campground?
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby coop74 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Von Pook wrote:Thank you Robert, I just saw your response, have you tried Mile High Campground?

I have been up there on the motorcycle but we have not camped there yet. Given the calender that might have to be a spring visit since I understand they have no power to keep the Wifey warm...

Maybe in my future a genny will come but at this time I got a boy in college and one heading that way.
Robert "Coop" Cooper
coop74
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dmckruit » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 am

We are also looking for a good campground in the Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg area. We are planning a trip there next summer. My brother is taking his 30 ft travel trailer and one of the stipulations from his wife is on lot sewage. No dump stations or honey pot service :roll: . Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

Dave
dmckruit
The 300 Club

Postby stman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:49 pm

[quote="dmckruit"]We are also looking for a good campground in the Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg area. We are planning a trip there next summer. My brother is taking his 30 ft travel trailer and one of the stipulations from his wife is on lot sewage. No dump stations or honey pot service :roll: . Any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.

Check out Tremont camp ground in Townsend...a good place to stay http://www.tremontcamp.com/
Stan and Deb
stman
Teardrop Builder

Postby Von Pook » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:59 pm

I must agree, Tremont is a great place to stay. We have camped there before and really enjoyed the staff and grounds. I recommend camping at tremont in the fall and winter. Very small crowds and power to run the heat
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby DonnRic » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:26 am

Townsend, Tennessee has several campgrounds located on the Little River and have excellent facilities as well as good access to fishing. There is a KOA that has all types of sites but is a little pricey. I have stayed there on many occasions and have always had a great time. It is also within a very short driving time to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and my favorite area, Cades Cove which also has primitive camping.
DonnRic
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GerryS » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Our FIRST outing was to the Chattanooga area...ruby falls, rock city, and the incline....a very nice couple of days. We stayed at raccoon mountain...a private campground. I was pretty impressed. They put is in the tent area, so we had good tree coverage, but were close to our neighbors. As they were BMW riders, I didn't mind.

This was the off season, I'd probably feel different if they were packed in...

Although, state parks have become my place of choice...I havnt had a bad experience yet. Just know the rules before you get there. :). North Carolina was a bit draconian with their NO alcohol policy....

Fat boy wants his wine and beer with dinner!
GerryS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Von Pook » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:55 pm

We do not like the KOA in Townsend, it for us, is touristy and over priced. We are hoping for some little hidden campground that is off the beaten path. We have been very happy with Tremont Resort next to the KOA, they are teardrop friendly and they love to post pictures of visiting teardrops on their website. We only live 15 miles from the Smokies entrance near Townsend, so for us, its a hop and skip
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby coop74 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Von Pook wrote:We do not like the KOA in Townsend, it for us, is touristy and over priced. We are hoping for some little hidden campground that is off the beaten path. We have been very happy with Tremont Resort next to the KOA, they are teardrop friendly and they love to post pictures of visiting teardrops on their website. We only live 15 miles from the Smokies entrance near Townsend, so for us, its a hop and skip

If you can go with power and water there is a nice govt park located on the foothills parkway. Great views but I think it might be closed for the end of the season right now...
Robert "Coop" Cooper
coop74
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Von Pook » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:02 am

Look Rock campground is seasonal, great views there
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby trfkcop » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:19 am

trfkcop