December at the Beach

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:25 pm

Pete; Can I get a bumper sticker that says that ? :lol:
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Chip » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:15 pm

Dang!!! great minds think alike,,and with ya'll thinking that is spooky,,I am always amazed at what people will do if only encouraged,,but yall are too easy,,,and alchole wasnt even involved ,,,,yet
Frank as far as the santa and deer,,just get a strong air pump,,they pop right back into shape,,
Sorry Allen,,ya might really want to consider the jeep to haul all the extras,,,
Pete,, we need to have a drink and discuss your statement,, not sure it has computed,,Ill let ya explain it to me,,
I can just picture all the wives and a few men heading out to tacky santa land to find that one special decoration,,you know the one thats on sale already cause nobody would dare put it up at their home but everybody thinks its neat and now ya got a place to put it,,,
does this mean I got to leave my lights up 365 days a year on the trailer also,,wonder how dmv will feel about flashing ice cycles and blinking multicolored mini lights,,going 70 plus down I-26,,,and santa hanging on for dear life,,
I got a bad feeling about this,,,we might not get invited back,,, well a statment will be made and I aint sure if its HO HO HO or what but never the less a statment !!!!
see yall in Dec.. heading to Wally World,,they got a new shipment of decorations,,

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:25 pm

I just realized that a great many of us here are teenagers of the 60's and 70's. Does that explain the strangeness. And I have a Christmas Tree that can't be beat.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Bentley » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:37 am

Does anyone know if the park locks the gate at a certain time. My son Austin are going to try and make it but we might have to arrive on Sat. morning if we can't get in late Fri. (about a four hr. trip from Gibsonville, N.C.) Do we need to bring our snow shovels? Bentley Owen
Bentley
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hoggtyed » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:19 pm

I was wondering about gate time myself. Oh yeah, making progress on the wife she has been making fun of me for wanting to go but she has not been saying no. I think I got her right where I want her. :banghead: LOL
hoggtyed
Teardrop Advisor

Postby hoggtyed » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:07 am

I got this from Alan to post on gate time.

Technically it's 10:00PM. When I was down ther a few monhs ago they
said
11:00 PM. Don't know how solid that 11:00 0"clock is though. Could you
please get
this on the forum for me as I am having a problem posting for some
reason in
the last couple of days. Alan
hoggtyed
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:41 am

Sometimes you can call the State Parks ahead of time and they may have a way to handle late arrivals.

Just my two cents,

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Woody » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:01 pm

You are correct Ross, They recommend that you call them if you are delayed, Sometimes they have stand-by campers waiting for available spots of people who do not show up. Then you show up late and it is a problem for all those involved. And some parks actually lock there gates at night to prevent problems with unwanted visitors
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chip » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:22 am

Its just a little over 3 weeks to the 4th and 5th of Dec.,,tha beach trip is looking like we gonna have a good turn out,,and I sure am looking forward to seeing everybody,,by my count it looks like at least 9 and maybe as many as 12 trailers gonna be there,,,,Woody are you gonna be able to make it up ???,,Clancy and Fain ??sure hope so.,,everybody else is invited to come join us at the coast,,
Unless sombody can do a warm weather dance looks like firewood will be the order of the day,,dont know bout ya'll but I am feeling the cool,,any suggestions for an ample supply of wood??,,
Pete and I are heading out mid morning on Friday,,quick stop in Irmo and heading down the road,,anybody else want to convoy wih us,,let me or pete know,,we can meet yall on the way,
everybody have a safe trip,,seeyathar
LIST: Chip & Nancy,,,Frank & Linda,,,,Ross & Carla,,,Allen & Wanda,,,Dennis T &______,,,,Pete & Lynn,,,,Bentley & crew,,,Clyde & crew,,,Hoggtyed & crew,,,
anybody else add ya name

yall have a safe trip

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Woody » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:10 pm

Chip,

I wish I could make this one, however, I have a BSA family campout Dec.3-5 with my son at Johnathan Dickinson State Park in Jupiter ,Florida that weekend. Otherwise I would be there with you guys. Sorry :cry:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:21 pm

POT LUCK DINNER SATURDAY NIGHT> Alan & Wanda: Chili, crackers. E me and I will add to list. FIREWOOD: I will call Beach and see what it costs down there. If same price as here we could probably get a half or full cord delivered to campground a lot cheaper than buying little bundles. I will post a price tommorow. If interested in splitting cost please let me know.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Frank » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:31 pm

Alan,

Yes, we'll go in an share in buying some, but I could bring a pickup load down if it is going to be a lot, a friend cut down a bunch of oaks, just will have to rent a spliter and split it up, don't think my hand will handle the manual kind. The wood is free, just have to go get it.

Let me know.

Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:08 pm

Frank; I don't think any of us want to be spending our time cutting and splitting wood at the campgroundand I'm not so sure they would let us. Appreciate the offer. I'll find out cost in the A.M. and post it. Got the Merc fixed up?
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Frank » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:15 pm

Alan,

No, did not mean we would do the splitting at the camp ground. I was going to do that here, with a hydrolic spliter.

Have it up on jack stands and will start working on it tomorrow night, just have to take the oil lines off and bevel the ends. They are stainless steel tubing and I did not bevel the ends where the rubber hose fits on them, so they kind of blew off. 1/2" oil line plus 40lbs of pressure. Whew, what a mess! Was very lucky though caught it before dumping all the oil, just lost 4.5 qts, still had 3.5 left, so hopefully, the engine is OK.
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:30 pm

Misunderstood you Frank. Let me find out what it will cost locally (Beach) and see what folks want to do.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast