Pictures are up - "Women in Tears Gathering" 2/3-2

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Jimmy and Peggy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Had to cancel my resvation. Work won't allow the time off. Looks like I be missing a good group . The site I had should be open .

:(
Jimmy and Peggy
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:47 am

Paul and I were able to take advantage of Jimmy & Peggy's cancelation. So, we'll be there. So, sorry Jimmy & Peggy can't be there.

I'll need to go over the food list to see what we should bring.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:39 am

Jimmy and Peggy wrote:Had to cancel my resvation. Work won't allow the time off. Looks like I be missing a good group . The site I had should be open .

:(

Jimmy & Peggy,

So sorry it didn't work out. You will be missed. :( But I am really glad you posted your cancellation here and your site was taken by our camping friends.

Lynn Coleman wrote:Paul and I were able to take advantage of Jimmy & Peggy's cancelation. So, we'll be there. So, sorry Jimmy & Peggy can't be there.

I'll need to go over the food list to see what we should bring.

Lynn

:banana: :chicken: :banana: (pardon my exuberance I had 3 cups of coffee this morning)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:09 am

:( Sorry to hear about that Jimmy, but thank you for letting me know. I hope we can camp together sometime this year.

Lynn, good deal!! I'll put you and Paul down. When you decide what you want to put in the food pile let me know. Looking forward to seeing y'all again. :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby nkroes » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:36 am

Mabel and I shall make the 20+ hours one way drive down from Michigan. Looking forward to meeting the TD folks and the NSSO folks we've not yet met!

Mabel will be making her Potluck Potatoes:
http://www.nationalserroscotty.org/reso ... atoes.html
Nancy and Mabel Kroes
National Serro Scotty Organization
http://nationalserroscotty.org
'55 LintzCraft, '58 Scotty Tear, '59 Scotty Reardoor
'78 Boler
nkroes
Teardrop Builder

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:13 am

Hey, just a heads up - I will post all updates on food, sites and new attendees on the FIRST PAGE, FIRST POST for all to see. So please check there for the list.

Would everyone like to have a "Meet & Greet" social on Friday night at my site, say, 6:30ish? Wine, beer, martinis, whatever and cheese/crackers/chips/dip for appetizers? Everyone could bring their own favorite drink(s) and a small appetizer for the table.

Give me some feedback please.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby nkroes » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:19 am

Mabel and I are in!
Nancy and Mabel Kroes
National Serro Scotty Organization
http://nationalserroscotty.org
'55 LintzCraft, '58 Scotty Tear, '59 Scotty Reardoor
'78 Boler
nkroes
Teardrop Builder

Postby P'colaTear » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Becca:

Add some sauted vegetables to the potluck list for Saturday from me and I will also see you on Friday with some tasty appetizers.

I will be arriving on Thursday is anyone wants to get together then also.
P'colaTear
Teardrop Builder

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Hey, just a heads up - I will post all updates on food, sites and new attendees on the FIRST PAGE, FIRST POST for all to see. So please check there for the list.

Would everyone like to have a "Meet & Greet" social on Friday night at my site, say, 6:30ish? Wine, beer, martinis, whatever and cheese/crackers/chips/dip for appetizers? Everyone could bring their own favorite drink(s) and a small appetizer for the table.

Give me some feedback please.

:yes:

I'll wait and see what appetizer Mabel is making, I'll bring the same thing :rofl:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Mabel is bringing doggie treats! :thumbsup: Delyne, got you down for veggies...thank you!

We have 19 trailers and 30 campers so far! That is awesome!!! :applause:

Please don't forget your cameras!! :snappy:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lindahun » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:16 pm

I will see you Friday night. Don't know what I'm going to bring, have to think about it. Also have to think of something for Saturday night.

I camped there last Sunday night and it's a nice park. Rained that night, so I left the next morning since I would have left at 1:00 anyway.

Looking forward to this camping trip.

Linda
Lindahun
Teardrop Advisor

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:06 am

Looking forward to meeting you too Linda.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:19 am

If anyone is interested in getting a T-shirt with a "Women in Tears" logo on it for the gathering, please go to the following site.

Darren, a T&TTT member on here, was kind enough to work up a logo for our gathering. And, he did a great job! :applause: Oh, and he can change the logo to go on the front of back. Possibly on both - with a tiny logo on the front and big on the back. (I will have to ask him on that one)

Here's the site:
http://www.cafepress.com/women_in_tears
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:24 am

Darren can also put your name on the front of the shirt, like the sample below but there would be an extra charge of $3.00 if you want the logo on the front and back.

In case anyone is wondering, no one is making any money off of this - not me or Darren. He is doing this for free. He has been very generous with his time and I really appreciate it!

Darren wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:
Darren wrote:I opened a Cafe Press store for your campers. No markup on anything. With the basic shops you can only have 1 of a product so if anyone wants one with the logo on the back or over the right chest let me now and I'll change it. Hope all is good with you.

http://www.cafepress.com/women_in_tears

Thank you Darren! I just posted a message on the forum thread letting people know. One question - can the logo be on the front and back? Like, really tiny over the left side and large on the back? Or is that an extra charge?

It can be done like that and it is an extra charge, I think $3 per shirt. Hope everyone likes them. Let me know what shirt and I'll make the changes.

These can also be etched if anyone is interested. Easy to customize with names. If there is interest we could group ship and save money.Image

Thanks,
Darren
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby zapj » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Hey Becca a Friday night social sounds good. Haven't figured out what to bring for the pot luck just yet. Cooking not being a favorite camping experience I keep it real simple then something like this happens and I'm lost. Any suggestions as to needs including non eatables I can handle without problems. :)
Jim
zapj
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast