December at the Beach

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Jiminsav » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:50 pm

I am sorry to hear about Alan, hope his heart is doing better..and Wanda, I'm sure it's not your cooking that done him in..it's the chili he insists on making :lol: Hope he does well and I am sorry I can't be there, but I'll be thinking of you guys as i finish my doors this weekend.so have a good time and be safe.
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Camp

Postby clydedavis » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:51 pm

Hi Everybody,

Clyde is in site 113. The gates are open from 6 am to 10 pm then locked. He is camped next to the bath house. When you arrive, tell the manager that you are with the Teardrop Camping group and she will assign you your site near Clyde. She said that she could not reserve any sites legally. (But since she assigns sites, It seems she could control that, don't you think?)

Ya'll all have a great time, I sure wish I could be there too. Unfortunately, I will have to miss the Spring Gathering at Glendale Springs too. My Bluegrass Association has its Bluegrass Festival that weekend at Hagan-Stone Park. The campground at this park would be ideal for a Gathering. Has a nice shelter in the middle. We will plan a weekend there for the group next year.

Pammy
Clyde Davis
Pleasant Garden NC
Owner of:
1947 Kit Kamper
1978 Scamp
clydedavis
Teardrop Builder

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:57 pm

The quoted price was $90. for a half cord. Someone needs to call one of these place early enough that it can be delivered befor the temp drops. I called but it was too late to get hold of anyone at either place. They are both quite close to park though.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:08 pm

Alan,

I heard Jim in Savanna say something about your heart...

Do yourself a favor and research Serrapeptase on the web. I've got my father going on that, and they say within 12 to 18 months your arteries should be clean. Results felt as soon as 4 months. Check it out. You never know, it might just be what you are looking for... ;)

Mike...

P.S. If there was a draino for the arteries, I'll bet this is it!!!
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:26 pm

Pammy,

Thanks for the info.
Sorry you won't be able to make the Spring Fling. There will be a few other trips next year.

I was helping my father move from Erwin,NC to Fleetwood, up here in the mountains where I live. Anyway, we passed by Hagan-Stone park. It's very centrally located in the state and would make a good spot.

See ya,

Ross

P.S. Alan,

We should get there by 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. If no one has called the order in, we will do it then.

Check your Personal Messages as well.
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Frank » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:59 am

Hello Everyone,

I called the 843-636-7065 # and ordered 1/2 cord of wood to be delivered to site #113 at 4:00pm. We should be there between 1 & 2:00PM. See all of you shortly. :D :D

Frank & Linda
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby Chip » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:41 pm

Well I got home,,,,finally,,,,,,no problem cept I am worn out,,getting older is not all it is cracked up to be,,For those of you who did not make it to the beach ya missed a great get together, the people were outstanding,,the food was wounderful, friendships strengthened, and the weather gods could not have been nicer. night time lows were in the mid thiretys and today it was 68 when we left the beach,,,,
one thing yall have got to do is have an outing in December,,,we had only 8 trailers at this meeting but there were some of the most tacky decorations on these trailers you can emagine,,poor taste was the order of the day,,,Dang it was great :lol: this was a great way to start the Christmas season and I hope it will be another event next year,,
Pictures will be forthcoming and I hope when they do ya'll enjoy them,,,for those that were at Myrtle Beach, thanks for an outstanding weekend,,for the rest that missed it,,hope to see ya next year

Merry Christmas

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:32 pm

:applause: Everything Chip just said and for those who want to check and see if we got in the paper check out this on Monday. www.myrtlebeachonline.com And a special thanks to all there for helping and babying the invalid (me). PS I won the tackiest trailer decoration prize and they were the ones who decorated it. Frank and Linda should have won by the vote count but I think it was fixed. :o Next year I will win it honestly. Wait till you see the pictures. The place looked like redneck trailer trash heaven. The Park may not want us back. Raided by racoons and the squirrel got all the chili.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:38 pm

Fun was had by all. Thanks to Alan for getting it set up. Here are a few of the Christmas Spirit photos : http://photos.yahoo.com/tearjerkers2004

Myrtle Beach State Park is a great place and we had it pretty much all to ourselves. I think this will become an annual event, Right Alan?

Have a wonderful and safe Holiday Season. See you all in 2005.

Ross and Carla
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Jiminsav » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:09 pm

Ross, you should change that to 2004, so it's not confused next year with 2005.. 8)
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:20 pm

Got it fixed, Jim.

It's late, it was a long drive and I don't see too well at night anyway. :? but had a helluva good time.

Thanks,

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:30 pm

:santa 2-4 December 2005. Mark it on your calendar folks. :thumbsup:
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby beverlyt » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:27 am

WOO-HOO!
Looks like you guys had all kinds of fun! The pictures were great and how exciting that it made the paper!
Thanks for sharing all!

Bev

all those Christmas decorations----it certainally is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:13 am

:applause: We got in the paper. Article is on line now.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Dennis T » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:20 am

We left at 11 and got home at 10 :? Darn Redskins game got over just as we got there. Oh well. On the other end, we had a great time. After the tasty food there was the campfire conservations that had Darla and me in stiches. I'll be getting my pictures together and posting them in a few.
Did anyone get that Canadian's e-mail that was taking all those pictures?
Anyway, y'all have a great holiday.
Dennis & Darla
Dennis T
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast