**FITTIN' TA GIT REDDY 2007** gathering

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:58 pm

PEACH COBBLER :D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby PapaJ » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:23 am

Hey everyone:

Fortunately for Shirley and me, there was a cancelation at Ft. Clinch and we will be attending.

Since this is our first gathering and our first low boil, could someone tell us what we can bring for the low boil. :D

Also, we will be flying the Flag of the Conch Republic, which is about as Southeast as you can get without getting wet :lol: 8)
Therefore will be imbibing the National Adult Beverage of Choice in the Conch Republic: Margaritas! :picklejuice: (Sorry to use the pickle juice icon)
We're really looking forward to meeting everyone!! :thumbsup:

Tom & Shirley
When I die, I want to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.
PapaJ
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:55 pm

Hey Tom,
Gled that you and Shirley can make it. I believe everything for the boil is covered. How about a dessert of some kind......ya can never go wrong wit sumting sweet :twisted:
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby PapaJ » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:45 pm

Ross Wade wrote:Hey Tom,
Gled that you and Shirley can make it. I believe everything for the boil is covered. How about a dessert of some kind......ya can never go wrong wit sumting sweet :twisted:

I believe we can handle that!! :thumbsup:
When I die, I want to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.
PapaJ
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:27 pm

Tom and Shirley,
Since this will be your first TearJerker gathering....I will see about getting Chip's permission to WELCOME YOU into our humble little group PROPERLY :picklejuice: :cheerswine: :tipsy: :beer: and this invite will go out to all. Tradition is worth up holding......provided ya can still stand up

Ross
General Speed Bump
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:48 pm

Tom & Shirley,

Glad you are going to make it! We'll be lookin for ya!

Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:00 am

Hey all,

Paul and I are going to make it with the Inkwell. It's not finished but we'll be comfortable enough. I managed to book site #48.

What's still needed for the dinner on Sat.?

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:37 am

Hey Rebecca, We are actually getting 5 lbs of shrimp. Could you bring the potatoes and/or corn for the boil?

Ross:

I will provide both. Do you have the boiling equipment? I have several (I'm a cajun - that's the first gift you receive at birth). I have a new 80 qt. that has yet to be broken in. If you need to use it just let me know. I also have some Zataran's seasoning powder if you want to use it.

Rebecca
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:21 am

Ross,

Sounds like it's gonna be nice to have Rebecca around when ya try and drown those shrimps in da boilin water. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Peach Cobbler

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:52 am

Steve, Ross and others:

I was told there is a grocery store within 3-4 miles from the campsite. Is anyone familiar with that area?

Also, do you guys plan the weekend activities or do we just do whatever suits our fancy? My son (did I mention he is coming along - his name is Dylan and he is 29) and I want to fish and I definately want to check out the beach and the fort.

I also need to mention something about my campsite reservation. When I first went online at Reserve America, I don't know if I was just so excited to see an available site and overlooked the handicap symbol or what but I SWEAR, I did not see it.

Well, when the reservations were made and I went back to the site just to look at where it was and such and saw the symbol next to #57, my heart sunk and I felt as low as a snales belly!! So, I immediately called Ft. Clich and told the lady that I think I made a big boo-boo and that I would willingly move even it is was on the beach. She said that I paid full price for the site, not the handicap discount and that they actually don't have designated handicap sites - they just have to put something online just in case. I was reassured several times by the lady at Ft. Clinch that everything is fine. I have never or will never take up a spot for someone with a disability. Sooooo, if a handicapped camper does show up and needs a space I will voluntarily go camp in the parking lot.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:55 am

Hey Lynn,
I think that the main dishes have been covered. You could bring a side dish, dessert or grill up something for the BBQ Cook-Off. just remember that you DON"T need to feed the entire group of people....fix enough for 2-4 people. There is always a ton of food at our gatherings :R :?

Hey Rebecca,
Jim and Woody are bringing thier cooking equipment. As for ativities, the only one we plan on is the Saturday night dinner :twisted:

Hey Steve,
As long as the beverages are a flowin........it will make the drownin of da scrimp all dat much more betta.......I gar-on-tee!! :D
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Chip » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:19 pm

Ross ,, why Sureeeeee ya can,, I mean what is traditions fer anyway,,,, I am still waiting for the watermellon lady to call and tell me the mellons is ripe,,, 8) ,,, heck pickles is always in season though,, being as they is pickled and such,,,,

One thing fer sure ,, they will be back soon or we will never see or hear from em again,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

chipper :picklejuice:
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:40 pm

Why thank ya, Chipper. I'll try to make ya proud of me.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:31 pm

Ross Wade wrote:Tom and Shirley,
Since this will be your first TearJerker gathering....I will see about getting Chip's permission to WELCOME YOU into our humble little group PROPERLY :picklejuice: :cheerswine: :tipsy: :beer: and this invite will go out to all. Tradition is worth up holding......provided ya can still stand up

Ross
General Speed Bump

HMMMM? words of wisdom from past life experience I'll bet. I mean the part of standing up that is :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:36 pm

Hi all,

Is there a list of who's going to be there and which site they'll be at?

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast