**FITTIN' TA GIT REDDY 2007** gathering

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby tinytrailer » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:02 pm

I spent the day up at Fort Clinch and was told the first weekend of each month there is a reenactment at the fort. Something good to see and hear, with the cannons going off. The new bathhouse is right in the middle of the park now, very fancy. Also stopped in at Little Talbot S. P. and they have new gates to enter the campground . You don't have to unlock the gate and open and reclose it.
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Postby Woody » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:36 am

Hey we are going to be there on the first weekeng of the month. OH way to cool cannon and gun powder smoke and me with my beer in hand :lol:
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Woody » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:53 am

Ross Wade wrote:Just want to bring the menu forward a few pages......to keep it fresh on everyones minds :twisted: :twisted:

ALRIGHT FOLKS...HERE IS THE SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER MENU............

We have decided to have a Low Country Shrimp Boil and a BBQ Cook-Off

For those who would like to contribute to the Low Country Boil, we will need: 3 lbs of shrimp, 3 kielbasa's, 5 lbs of potatoes, and 3 packs of 9 corn nibblets....thats a pretty full pot there and it will feed 12-15 people easy. The SHRIMP will be purchased locally, when we get there.

For those who don't like or are allergic to seafood, there will be a BBQ Cook-Off. This could be ribs, briskit, chicken...etc.

Dutch Oven side dishes are always welcome. Just remember the DO rule-of-thumb.......fix enough for 2 - 4 people. Believe it or not, but that is more then enough food and there isn't much left over at the end of the meal.

Plates, napkins, eattin ware always helps too. Let's know what you can contribute so we can make sure that everything is covered.

The list of food and items begins:

Mary Ann: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Steve : Dry Rub ribs
Jim : Tater salad
Woody : BBQ baby back Ribs
Bob D : taters and onions for the boil
Bob R : Grilled Kentucky Bourbon Skirt Steak & DO side

Okay now we're talking a BBQ cookoff with all the fixin's. And the Low coutry boil with DO's cooking also and Jim's famous Tater salad. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: AND BEER OMG Is it time to go yet???? I am gettin' mighty hungary and thirsty :twisted:
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:53 am

Okay now we're talking a BBQ cookoff with all the fixin's. And the Low coutry boil with DO's cooking also and Jim's famous Tater salad. AND BEER OMG Is it time to go yet???? I am gettin' mighty hungary and thirsty

ALRIGHTY THEN.....LETTUCE GIT DIS PARRRR-TA STARTED...SHALL WE :wakka wakka: :moom walk: :banana: :cheerswine:

OOPS..... :hammer: trailer isn't quite ready for the road. Need a few more things in....like a place to pass-out, places to put stuff...ya know, little things like that.
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby tinytrailer » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:55 am

I forgot to mention--anyone going north on I-95, there is a lot of road construction above Jacksonville for miles.Uneven roads and lane closures. So be careful.
I also ordered the big cake with the picture on the top again. Different picture of course. See you all in August. :)
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:36 pm

tinytrailer wrote:I forgot to mention--anyone going north on I-95, there is a lot of road construction above Jacksonville for miles.Uneven roads and lane closures. So be careful.
I also ordered the big cake with the picture on the top again. Different picture of course. See you all in August. :)

Uggg I-95. Alternate routes : A1A has a car ferry to get across the St Johns river, scenic route goes along the sea shore past Talbot Island State Parks etc. I'm taking US-1 from Saint Augustine and getting on 9-A and exiting on Heckscher Drive which is also the road through Talbot Island and on to Amelia Island and Fort Clinch.

Cannons, Rum, Pirates, Rum, Chupacabras, Rum, Food, Rum, Arrrrrgghhh!!

8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:10 pm

Can anyone tell me the best route coming from Tampa, FL?
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby tinytrailer » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:10 pm

Probably the best way to get there from Tampa, is to use I-4 across the state to I-95 north.
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Postby Woody » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:21 am

Construction is going on still thru Jacksonville or has it moved north of it. I know that it was going on when we came thru there to the gathering in North Caroloina in May. I will have to check out the route that Steve Cox is using as an alternative if all else fails I guess :thumbsup:
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:45 am

CAJUN LADY wrote:Can anyone tell me the best route coming from Tampa, FL?

Rebecca,

If I was going your way this is the route I would take. I 75 North to I 10 East to I 295 North to Heckscher Drive to A1A North to Atlantic Blvd. It is a little farther than I-4 to I-95 but is more scenic and bypasses the I-4 corridor Orlando traffic and the Jacksonville traffic and construction. But, that's just my opinion. However ya get there it will be nice to see you!
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Directions

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:55 am

Thanks Steve...I am looking at a couple of options, one being your suggestion. The lady at Ft. Clinch said I could just stay on 301 and it will lead me straight to Atlantic Avenue so I guess I will figure out which way to go when I get a lil' closer. We (my son (29) and I) will be arriving on Thursday night and staying until Sunday. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and having a great time
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:54 am

The eats are looking :shock: :shock: real good:twisted: :twisted:

For those who would like to contribute to the Low Country Boil, we will need: 3 lbs of shrimp, 3 kielbasa's, 5 lbs of potatoes, and 3 packs of 9 corn nibblets....thats a pretty full pot there and it will feed 12-15 people easy. The SHRIMP will be purchased locally, when we get there.

For those who don't like or are allergic to seafood, there will be a BBQ Cook-Off. This could be ribs, briskit, chicken...etc.

Dutch Oven side dishes are always welcome. Just remember the DO rule-of-thumb.......fix enough for 2 - 4 people. Believe it or not, but that is more then enough food and there isn't much left over at the end of the meal.

Plates, napkins, eattin ware always helps too. Let's know what you can contribute so we can make sure that everything is covered.

The list of food and items begins:

Mary Ann: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Steve : Dry Rub ribs
Jim : Tater salad
Woody : Ribs
Ross : Shrimp for the boil
Bob D : taters and onions for the boil
Bob R : Grilled Kentucky Bourbon Skirt Steak & DO side
Ed & Alma : Kielbasa for the boil
Doug & Tammy : Grilled chicken and mac & cheese side
Bob & Sory : Plates, eaten ware, napkins
Tom & Shirley : dessert for the sweet tooth
Last edited by Ross Wade on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Food

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:43 am

Ross, I would be happy to contribute 3 more lbs. of shrimp (total of 6 lbs.) or whatever you suggest.

I am also going to make a peach cobbler in my DO. Have never done it before (peach cobbler, yes, DO, no) so I am going to experiment with it in my yard first. If you need anything else please let me know. I will be in #57. I am really excited about joining ya'll.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:38 am

Hey Rebecca, We are actually getting 5 lbs of shrimp. Could you bring the potatoes and/or corn for the boil?

DOing isn't difficult at all. Just make sure that the cast iron is clean and free from the manufacturing oils and waxes before using and then season it real well with shortening.

An easy way to know the number of briquettes to use is to know the size of your DO.......add 3 additional briquettes to the top and subtract 3 briquettes from the bottom. In other words: if you have an 8...you would put a total of 11 briquettes on the top and 5 on the bottom...and this will give you a temperture of about 325 degrees, if I remember right. I have been known to be wrong every now and then.... :oops:

Good Luck :thumbsup:
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Woody » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:21 am

I have been known to be wrong every now and then....

NO.......... SAY IT IS NOT TRUE. Oh there goes my image of you right out the window.....GEEZ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it is every briquette is considered 25 degress. but then again I have been known to be wrong myself a time or two. But you know what they say "A broken clock is still right twice a day" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast