**FITTIN' TA GIT REDDY 2007** gathering

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Rbosco » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:51 pm

Laura and I wanted to thank you all for the hospitality you extended to us this weekend. It was great to see all of the rigs, I was humbled by the talent of their designers. I've taken away many good ideas for my next project. Thanks again and I hope to see you at another gathering soon.
Rbosco
Teardrop Inspector

Postby David Niver » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:58 am

We made it home yesterday evening.
Stayed up at Petersburg camp ground outside of Appling Ga Sun night.
Hot trip back still have some bugs in the AC on the car but it did work somewhat.
Had a great time as always, only a few leaks on the tear.
Looking foward to the next one.
Doc, Marsha and Christine :applause:
David Niver
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:15 am

We made it back around 1:30 Sunday without a problem, but now I have to tackle the problems I encounted with my TD (like, suddenly no AC). I will change out the hinge on the galley lid to a hurricane hinge (Thanks Jim for the info).

Other than those couple of tiny aggravations, (not to mention those damn coons) we had a great time! Friday night was great ladies! Ellen was a hoot and a lot of fun. The Saturday night feast was wonderful. Thanks for making us feel so welcomed.

Rebecca and Dylan
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby srenna » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:40 pm

Nice to meet all of you. My wife Jordan and I enjoyed our very first teardrop gathering and left with many ideas and a great respect for the workmanship we saw on other teardrops. We may not be able to make November but we are going to try to come in february. Thanks for the hospitality.

Steve Renna :thumbsup:
srenna
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woody » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:01 pm

I seemed to have inheirted a metal serving spoon from the potluck dinner. Anybody missing one???
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby BobR » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:04 pm

Steve, now that you have made your first post. welcome to the madness. Get pictures of your tear posted in an album and then get linked to the hall of fame. You did a great job so heres your chance to show it off.

Nice to meet you and Jordan, see ya next time
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby Woody » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:35 pm

Well another great gathering has come and gone. I believe we had a total of 17 trailers and 3 tenters in the group. My Thanks to all those who attended and hung in there when the weather was raining. And to Ross and Carla (Southern Appalacian Chapter Director and Asst. Director) a special thanks for the extra help and planning of this joint venture since I did not have too much time, due to the work load I have this time a year. The Potluck Dinner was spectaculer with all the types of foods presented for our mutual enjoyment. I know it was good when everyone stopped talking while they ate. Actually it was the quietest 45 minutes all night. The Low Country Boil was awesome, Thanks Jim for the effort and the expertise required to make it great. The BBQ Cookoff was also a great TREAT (BobR awesome bourbon marinated Skirt steak). I think that this will stay as an event (BBQ Cookoff) from now on. The food was out of this world. Again the Dutch oven cooking was again great as usual. And a special Thanks to Jim once again for the Tater salad it was sooooo GOOD. Thanks to Rusty ( Asst Director Fla Chapter) and family for there help with the gathering and planning of this joint Chapter gathering. Although it was very rainy and soggy when we arrived on Thursday afternoon. It was agood leak test even for the experinced campers to endure. The newbies hung tough right with us. In true teardroppers spirit we came togrther and came to the aid of one of our own. PapaJ we tried the best we could. unfortunately the odds were againist us later that night. Hang in there and see ya at the next gathering. The weather cleared up midday Friday and it was perfect for the Potluck dinner Saturday night. Again another wonderful time with friends old and new. To all who braved uncertain weather for the event, Thanks for coming

Woody and Ellen
Florida Chapter Director
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club