**FITTIN' TA GIT REDDY 2007** gathering

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Woody » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:44 pm

Yes there is and it will updated by Ross since he likes doing stuff like that anyway. As the time gets closer we will have a current site list. I am sure there will be others who will be there that don't post or belong to T & TTT forum.
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:46 pm

Woody wrote:Yes there is and it will updated by Ross since he likes doing stuff like that anyway. As the time gets closer we will have a current site list. I am sure there will be others who will be there that don't post or belong to T & TTT forum.

Ah, nice. I wouldn't want to bother someone who isn't a part of the group. 8)

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:18 am

Only 1 1/2 weeks to go and the madness will begin

I believe that this is everyone.

Doug & Tammy #6
Bob R #25
Steve & Kim #28
Woody & Ellen #36
Tom & Shirley #37
Ross & Carla #38
Mary Ann #39
Jim #46
Paul & Lynn #48
Doc & Marsh #50
Bob #51
Rebecca " Cajun Lady" #57
Bob Dodgens #58
Ed & Alma #61
Bob & Sory #62

If you are NOT on the list and attending, Let us know. If for some
reason you Can't make it...lets us know first before you cancel your
reservation. There are still people that want to attend but can't,
due to no more sites availible.

Ross
Last edited by Ross Wade on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:41 am

Have we heard from any "day trippers" that are coming to check out the trailers yet ??? They should know they are welcome to the pot luck too, but it would be nice if they would check in here and let us know they are coming. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:49 am

Hey steve,
I have made that offer to at least 6 people.....and 3 of them manged to find a campsite for the weekend :lol: It will be one of those "wait and see" things.

Ross
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Woody » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:09 pm

It sounds to me that we will have a decent size onlooker crowd from the e-mails I have been getting lately for this gathering. One of them couldn't get a site so they are coming with teardrop in tow for the day. I'll bet the crowd is a good size one on Saturday like usual. Ross your in charge of the tours this time cuz I drinking this time :beer: :lol: :lol:
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:34 pm

Woody wrote:It sounds to me that we will have a decent size onlooker crowd from the e-mails I have been getting lately for this gathering.

Woody,
You might want to suggest to them that they keep checking with the Reserve America site for an online reservation. One night, there were no sites available, the next night, I found one. It's a pain going site to site to check on it's availability but it was worth it.

Just a suggestion.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Woody » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:50 pm

Mostly (onlookers) they come through and see the trailers on Saturday during the daytime hours. It is a normal thing when there is a gathering going on. After awhile you will see and enjoy the attention as it were. Since we can't double up trailers in a site at State Parks (that is why make reservation early), like at private campgrounds, it is just a function of the gathering, That is why we tell people to make reservations early when the gathering is first posted on this site and others. We understand sometimes there are late comers for resevations and we try to accomodate them. Ask Papa J how he got his site from a cancellation of a fellow teardropper. We have at other gatherings asked people to share sites sometimes with tent campers that could not get reservations to stay at the gathering. It helps that we know they want to come in the first place so by at all means ask if there is a way to attend. And if they ask if there is a cancellation or could they double up with a tent or at a private campground share a site with someone. We do try to accomodate them all. Matter of fact I am sharing my site with a couple(tent campers) who are interested in teardrops and want to see what it is all about. So whenever we can we offer this as a way to accomodate the crowd so to speak. On private campgrounds we have been allowed to double up trailers on a site, doubling the capacity for more trailers. State Parks dont allow more than one trailer and one tent per site. That is why making reservations early(when it is first posted) can ensure a spot in a state campground for a gatherings. After approx 30 gatherings (setup myself or those I have attended for other chapters) we try and accomodate them all.

I guess the moral of the story if you want to be there and there are no sites available, we will try to fit you in some how, but you have to let us know though to accomodate them. There is always a way to squeeze someone in if we know you are coming at times
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby PapaJ » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:55 pm

Woody wrote:Ask Papa J how he got his site from a cancellation of a fellow teardropper.

Yes!! I was not sure I was going to get the trailer finished (campable) and by the time I did, there were no sites available. :(

I posted a request to let me know if anyone had to cancel for any reason and Woody hooked me up with a camp site!! :applause: :thumbsup:

Kind of cool way to get to my first gathering, if'n ya ask me. :lol: 8)

Tom J.
When I die, I want to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.
PapaJ
Donating Member

Postby Woody » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:56 pm

PapaJ
When are you heading up there. I am leaving on Thursday around 930 AM or so. Maybe we could convoy up if you want to
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Rbosco » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:32 pm

Ross and Woody,
Laura and I have been able to reserve spot #51 for Saturday night so we can at least experience the gathering on a smaller scale. Looking forward to meeting your "Merry Band of Vagabonds"
Bob
Rbosco
Teardrop Inspector

Postby PapaJ » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:52 pm

Woody wrote:PapaJ
When are you heading up there. I am leaving on Thursday around 930 AM or so. Maybe we could convoy up if you want to

That sounds good. I'm not sure how long of a ride it is, so I had already talked to Shirley about leaving early.

If you call me when you leave Ft. Lauderdale, I can meet you someplace, like the Harley Dealership right off of I-95 at 45th Street. (Easy off easy on) Or someplace else. There's a Burger King just east of I-95 at Blue Heron. Just let me know.

Tom
When I die, I want to go quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.
PapaJ
Donating Member

Postby robert » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:59 pm

Well just found out tonight i'm off aug 4-5 and cindy will be done with her C/R so we can drive down friday night and stay in jacksonville and come by Saturday and be ( onlookers) i don't thank i can get the trailer finshed in two weeks.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Robert
robert
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:07 am

Glad you were able to find a site, Bob. Looking forward to seeing your rig up close. :twisted:
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Woody » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:58 am

Hey I found out that 1(800) Florist works. And on a side note Waterboy and wife are coming afterall :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Woody
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast