Goldhead State Park, Keystone Heights, FL.

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Goldhead State Park, Keystone Heights, FL.

Postby Lynn Coleman » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone camped at this park? My kids camped in their tents last year. It has several trails and a couple lakes for swimming. It's fairly close to our home and if you're heading there at some point let me know. Perhaps we could connect and compare notes. We're building a TTT and can't wait to get it built to use it.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Podunkfla » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:19 am

Hi Lynn... I've camped there a few times in my conversion van a few years back. It is a nice place. Then I discovered Juniper Springs & Alexander Springs just a few miles down the road. I like to paddle a canoe or kayak and Salt Springs Run is right there by the campgroun. Alexander Springs only has rustic camping, as in no hook-ups. Juniper Springs has full hook-ups, and also a great canoe run. It's a beautiful place to discover the hidden Florida. So that's where I uaually go now when I camp in the Ocala Forrest area.

http://www.camprrm.com/Florida%20Campgrounds.htm

http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/southern/ocalcmp.htm

http://www.waymarking.com/wm/details.as ... c7af760c9b

Area Map
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Gold Head

Postby Dixie-Al » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:30 pm

I was there this past Saturday. It is a great place to wonder about. Very quiet. You may want to take a look at Oleno State Park also.

My .02
Dixie-Al
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Gold Head

Postby Podunkfla » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Dixie-Al wrote:I was there this past Saturday. It is a great place to wonder about. Very quiet. You may want to take a look at Oleno State Park also.

My .02

Well hello Dixie-Al... And welcome to the forum... Watch out tho... It's addictive! ;)

Looks like you're from my home turf... I lived in Doctors Inlet quite a few years. Got out before Blanding traffic got totally insane!:?

friend ~! Brick
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Doctors Inlet

Postby Dixie-Al » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:44 am

Hi Brick, Just to let you know, 220 is now worse than Blanding was when I moved here 31 years ago. Remember the old Whitey's.
You ought to be glad you pulled out of there.

my .02
Dixie-Al
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Doctors Inlet

Postby Podunkfla » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:15 am

Dixie-Al wrote:Hi Brick, Just to let you know, 220 is now worse than Blanding was when I moved here 31 years ago. Remember the old Whitey's.
You ought to be glad you pulled out of there.

my .02

Oh Yeah... I sure remember the old Whitey's... was a big fan of the place. Good food and great people. and you could rent a little fishing boat dirt cheap too. Yep I lived at 220 & 209... My ex still does... but that's another story.
<B>~ Brick
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Return to Southeast