Southeast chapter:

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby TearsInMyEyes » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:25 pm

We need a 5-ft wide teardrop, probably Kuffel Creek modified. Haven't had a chance yet to look for 5-ft wide materials locally. Love the Camp-Inn windows in front and hope to have something similiar -- someone told me they used a plastic material for their front windows. Was wondering about whether or not a built-in sink is worth the space they take up. All suggestions and tips appreciated.
TearsInMyEyes
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jiminsav » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:35 pm

Prozac ben-roy
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Chip » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:13 am

this is just one opinion but a sink is a space hog in a tiny place,,not only does it take up counter space but also under counter storage,,but it all comes down to what is more important to you,,they do look real spiffy but I didnt feel a sink would be used enough to sacrifice the room,,,,good luck with the thought process

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:07 pm

I prefer a plastic tub that can be filled with other stuff for the trip and used for washing as needed. I prefer not having to wsh anything but a carving knife , spatula and big spoon. Maybe an occasional pot or pan. I keep my cooking simple and use platics and paper stuff. I even cook my beans etc in the can. I need every bit of storage space I can get in the rear area.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Southeast