Little Talbot Island Gathering-1st Photos

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Little Talbot Island Gathering-1st Photos

Postby BobR » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:55 pm

Well I just made it back from Little Talbot...it was a great gathering. Nice to finally meet all of the folks from the southeast. Thanks to everyone for making it such an enjoyable camping trip. I am still stuffed from the pot luck ! Here is a link to my Trips page...look for the Little Talbot gallery.

http://www.bobsteardrop.com/TearTrips.htm
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:00 pm

Cool pictures Bob. That reminds me, tomorrow is Valentines day... :oops:

Anyways I recognize of of the people, but not all of them. Can you attach some names to those photos?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby madjack » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:08 pm

...looks like lottsa fun was had by all, I hope our Purtis Creek campout in Eustace Tx. will be nearly as successful
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:15 pm

OKie Dokie,, I made it home,,, finally, about an 8 hour run one way, but man it sure was worth it,, Woody thanks for hosting and putting this thing together,, a bit of warm Florida weather next time,, OK bud,, we got cold up here in South Carolina

If you were thar then I am sure ya had a good time and if ya missed it then we hope to see ya on the next adventure,,

crown and pickle fer everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Chip » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:25 pm

Bob,, great pictures,, thanks for sharing,, Ill try to get some more posted tomorrow,,

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:07 pm

Yea, what Chip said. As always, good food, good friends (old and new), and good fun.

Thanks for the pictures Bob. Once again, we didn't take a single picture.

Same time next year? Give or take a week?

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby steve wolverton » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:48 pm

Very cool. :thumbsup: Looks like it was a good get together. Now I wanna go camping.

Steve
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Jiminsav » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:55 pm

here's my pics of the event..check it out http://www.jiminsav.com/trailer/talbot
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:58 pm

Great pictures Jim. I never got to see the insides of the Camp Inns before now. :lol:

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Jiminsav » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:12 pm

there's stuff in there? :thinking:
Jim in Savannah
If you can read this bumper sticker, my camper fell off.
Jiminsav
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby BobR » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:10 am

Jim,

Thanks for posting the pictures...nice job.
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby BufordT » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:48 am

Where to begin. Can’t decide.

Cheryl and I left Palm Bay on Sat. morning to go up to the park to visit. Wasn’t going to say all day but that’s the way it ended up. Didn’t have the mini-hopper, as I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to make the gathering or not so I left it on the property in Ga till end of April. :(

We had one of the best times of our lives. Meet all the people that were there and let me tell you for a country boy from Ga. These are some of the best people you will ever want to meet. :thumbsup:

Alan and Wanda what a great Army tear. Loved talking with you guys. :applause:

Frank and Linda what a good idea to not have a galley in the tear. I really like the design. Check out Franks tear on his web site. If you don’t think you will need a galley this is one great way to go. Frank post a few pics on that web site of the tree house when you get a chance. Loved to see the inside and how you built it. Need to build one for my grandkids. :applause: :pictures:

Bob has it all. Shower, privy room place for the shower board. You got questions about what to add ask Bob. :P

Jim great looking trailer. Can’t wait to see the galley done. :applause:

Woody thanks to you and your wife for hosting this great event. What can I say about your trailer? What a great job. Love the boat theme. :wine:

Ross and Carla. You did such a wonderful job on the tear. Post pic’s of the icebox. Any one interested in building a built in icebox ask Ross. You guys were great. :pictures:

Fain and Clancy Nice to have meet you guys. Missed seeing the inside of your tear and I know we didn’t get to spend that much time talking. Hope to make it up at the next get together. :thumbsup:

Tom Minor. Next time you are sleeping in your camp-inn with the door open. Don’t expect to sleep. People are going to wake you up and want to see that tear. I didn’t get a chance this time but don’t expect to sleep next time. :twisted:

Chip, What can I say guy. Pickle juice. Thanks for your hospitably and the introduction of pickle juice. For those of you who don’t know what pickle juice is all I can tell you is you have to go to a gathering where one of us who has been with Chip. Can’t explain it you just have to experience it. :beer: :wine: :P

Bufordt and Cheryl :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Dennis T » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:59 am

:thumbsup: Congrats to the Florida Chapter of the Tearjerkers. :applause: A good turn out for the first event. It looks like a good time was had for all. I couldn't make it this time :( but there will be another, I know in the future.
:wine: :beer:
Cheers,
Dennis T
Dennis T
The 300 Club

Postby Chip » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:51 pm

Jim,, big boy your day is coming,,lmao,, thats all I can say,, your day is coming,,,

hang in thar bud \

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:10 pm

:applause: I posted on the other thread but I will say it again here. :applause: Great food, great friends together at a really nice campground. What more can I say. Made some new friends and thanks Bill and Ellen for the gathering. It's a bit of work putting these things together but well worth it. I think we got the Florida gang of to a good start and hope to see more.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to Southeast