Saint Joseph Peninsula State Park - Florida

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:40 pm

MayK:

I can make a potato salad for the shrimp boil unless you want something else. Can I help you out $$ with the shrimp? Just let me know.

Also, I will TRY and make DO cinnamon rolls for Steve's brunch. OR, I will fry some beignets, which is much easier.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:19 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:MayK:

I can make a potato salad for the shrimp boil unless you want something else. Can I help you out $$ with the shrimp? Just let me know.

Also, I will TRY and make DO cinnamon rolls for Steve's brunch. OR, I will fry some beignets, which is much easier.

It would be nice if you could fry us up some beignets cher. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Mary K » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:59 pm

Becca, what ever you would like to do, although I will be doing the Beaufort Stew (also known as Frogmore Stew) which has onion, garlic, new potatoes, corn, sausage lemon and shrimp. I will be using Zatarain's crab boil, for some Zing!!! Just bring yourself something to drink to cool off with.

This has all the food groups covered :lol:

As far a $$$, no worries! I am"stimulating the economy"! In other words, It's on Uncle Sam. :lol: Thank ya though!:thumbsup:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu May 01, 2008 7:48 am

Ok - Beignets it will be! MK, that is exactly what we use to boil crabs and crawfish, except we don't put sausage in the pot. Sometimes Brian would put a head of cabbage. Yummy!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Thu May 01, 2008 12:54 pm

:oops: Did Yall see I changed my Grits and Sausage for brunch to fresh fruit? I hope this is okay. I got enough on my plate with shrimp... :thinking: :lol:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu May 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu May 01, 2008 1:11 pm

Mary K wrote::oops: Did Yall see I changed my Grits and Sausage for brunch to fresh fruit? I hope this is okay. I got enough on my plate with shrimp... :thinking: :lol:

Mk

:beautiful:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Hello all!

Postby aammmar » Thu May 01, 2008 2:19 pm

There is a chance that I may not be able to attend the first ever ladies gathering (except for a few very brave men, especially Steve our speedo guy). I will keep everyone posted. If I can't be there the entire time maybe I can come for a day or two. :ok:

Margie
"Laughter is life's music."
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Postby Mary K » Thu May 01, 2008 2:38 pm

:shock: Oh we are scaring Margie off. :( I promise we are not all that crazy....okay...sort of...but its a good crazy... Teardrop Crazy:thumbsup:

I do hope you can join us for a little while at least. But I understand...things happen.

Mk
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu May 01, 2008 2:56 pm

You know, I like that title "Women in Tears 1st Annual Gathering at the Beach" title. I think we should make this an annual event. We have to thank Steve for getting it going. :applause:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Thu May 01, 2008 3:01 pm

:( There is only 3 or 4 of us. Maybe we can dress Steve up. I'll bring some makeup for you... I have my own line of cosmetics ya know. :lol: ;)

Mary K(ay). :lol:

Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu May 01, 2008 3:17 pm

Mary K wrote::( There is only 3 or 4 of us. Maybe we can dress Steve up. I'll bring some makeup for you... I have my own line of cosmetics ya know. :lol: ;) Mary K(ay). :lol:

1st off :lol: I'm not gonna respond to this, they have names for guys that dress like goils. And, I have nothin against em, I just ain't one. :?

CAJUN LADY wrote:You know, I like that title "Women in Tears 1st Annual Gathering at the Beach" title. I think we should make this an annual event. We have to thank Steve for getting it going. :applause:

I figure it will be something like the "Girls Gone Wild Videos "advertised on late night TV am I right? 8)

Margie, If you can come for just a night or two please try and make it, it's gonna be lots of fun :woohoo:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Mary K » Thu May 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:
1st off :lol: I'm not gonna respond to this, they have names for guys that dress like goils. And, I have nothin against em, I just ain't one. :?

I was just teasing ya! :R Hell, I don't even wear makeup or dress up. I would not subject anyone else too it, iffin they dinna wan too. ;)

As far as the girls gone wild thing.... for me, at least, it might be more like Old Girls Gone Asleep.... :lol:

Mk
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu May 01, 2008 5:18 pm

:lol: :lol: If I don't wear makeup, I would scare myself.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Thu May 01, 2008 10:11 pm

When did this become a Woman's gathering? Wasn't it Steve and Kim who first invited us? As for the makeup...I won't be wearing any and I'm certain my husband won't be either. :R

On a more serious note: We got the rear cabinets in today, finished putting on the trim and painting it. Put up the mini shelves for our inkwell collection and finished tiling the floor. We're at that 98% done phase. As we sat down in the trailer at the end of the day we noticed a few more things, so perhaps we're only at the 96% done stage, in either case we're feeling pretty good about it all.

See you in a few days.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast