Saint Joseph Peninsula State Park - Florida

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Gathering at St Joe

Postby aammmar » Fri May 02, 2008 10:31 am

Well guys I won't be able to make the gathering 8-11 May 08. I know I will meet you all soon. Things just didn't seem to work out this time. Hope you all have a great time.

Margie
"Laughter is life's music."
aammmar
Teardrop Builder

Re: Gathering at St Joe

Postby Lynn Coleman » Fri May 02, 2008 10:51 am

aammmar wrote:Well guys I won't be able to make the gathering 8-11 May 08. I know I will meet you all soon. Things just didn't seem to work out this time. Hope you all have a great time.

Margie

Hey Margie, Sorry to hear you can make it this time. Hope to meet you face to face soon.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri May 02, 2008 1:01 pm

aammmar wrote:Well guys I won't be able to make the gathering 8-11 May 08. I know I will meet you all soon. Things just didn't seem to work out this time. Hope you all have a great time.

Margie

So sorry it didn't work out, and I think you're right, it won't be too long before we all get together.

Mary Kay,

Are you going to go fishing?
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed May 07, 2008 8:36 am

Bumpity bump, we're packin' up!

We will probably get there sometime between 3 and 4 Thursday.
:vroom: We are going on the roads less traveled and staying off the interstate. Have a safe trip, can't wait to see everyone. :relaxing:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Mary K » Wed May 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:

Margie

So sorry it didn't work out, and I think you're right, it won't be too long before we all get together.

Mary Kay,

Are you going to go fishing?

OOPS :oops: Sorry i missed this....and your are gone already.. I might just bring a poll. I hope to find the time to fish. :thumbsup:

Be safe everyone, I'll see ya friday morning. :thumbsup:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu May 08, 2008 9:02 am

:cry: Byeeeeeeeeee, have a good time :cry: :cry: Sure will miss youuuuuuuuuuu. :cry: :cry: :cry:

REally enjoy and take some :pictures: :disappointed: Sure wish I could gooooooooo. :R
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mary K » Thu May 08, 2008 9:39 am

Miriam C. wrote::cry: Byeeeeeeeeee, have a good time :cry: :cry: Sure will miss youuuuuuuuuuu. :cry: :cry: :cry:

REally enjoy and take some :pictures: :disappointed: Sure wish I could gooooooooo. :R

I wish you could Toohoohooo :cry: :crying1: :crying2:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Sad News

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:43 am

Steve, Kim, Lynn, Paul, MK, Mr. Billy:

I have some very, very sad news...Robin, the thin, dark haired girl who camped with Fran and I died Saturday from internal bleeding. Fran and I are in shock. I don't know anything else yet...I am sort of numb. I just wanted to let you guys know.

Steve, would you post that group photo for me on a reply. I never did load those photos on my computer yet.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:40 am

Robin,kneeling on the right. We too are shocked and saddened. Although we had only met, she made friends quickly. Robin was a kind and generous lady.

Last edited by Steve_Cox on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Mary K » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:48 am

I can not begin to express how sad I am to hear this news....
Robin was an incredibly sweet woman. I had such a good time hanging out with her that weekend.

Becca and Fran, I really am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Mary K :crying1:
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:24 am

Steve and MK:

Thank you for those very kind words. We are still in shock. I spoke to Fran an hour ago in Denver and she said that Robin called her parents Friday and asked them to take her to the hospital because of the pain she was in. They tried to operate on her but it was too late...her liver was shot. Robin was 54, never married nor had kids. I'm glad she got to come camping with us. She called me 2 weeks ago to tell me how much she enjoyed it and wanted to know where she could get a bug zapper like mine.

Thanks for posting those pic's. If you could email those to me at work I would be grateful. [email protected]. I will email them to Fran who will then send them to all of Robin's friends. I think they want to print them to put at her memorial gathering on Friday. If you want to send Fran the pic's directly, her email address is [email protected]. I am sure she would love to hear from you guys. She's pretty down right now.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:51 am

Hi Becca,

Thanks for the update on what happened to Robin. As I mentioned in our private emails that I'm praying for you and Fran. I'll say a prayer for Robin's family as well, while they're putting together her memorial gathering.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Southeast