Saint Joseph Peninsula State Park - Florida

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Saint Joseph Peninsula State Park - Florida

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:20 am

Hello all you Florida and Georgia Tearjerkers, teardrop and tiny trailer owners, and tent camping tear dropper wanna bees.

Kim and I are going to St Joseph Peninsula State Park May 8, 9,10 and would like to invite all that might be wanting to go camping to join us in the camp ground. We will be in site 51 and there are still quite a few sites available as of this morning. If anyone wants to come lets get together Saturday evening for a pot luck, I promise I won't make chili again. 8)

Link to St Joseph Peninsula State Park Web Page
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Mary K » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:46 am

:thinking: Thats close to me!!! 187 mi – about 3 hours 54 mins away.

Boss man says I can have the 9th off. :thumbsup: Let me work on some details Steve and I'll let ya know. I sure would love to meet you and Kim in person.

Mk :dancing :dancing :dancing
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Mary K » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:47 pm

Okay, I have reservations. Site #47

* Arrival Date: Fri May 09 2008
* Loop/Site: GB / 047 * Campground: St. Joseph Peninsula SP, , FL

I guess I'll be seeing ya there. :thumbsup:

Mk :wakka wakka:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:12 pm

:chicken: :dancing :beer: :Flippin Burger: :campfire:

Can't wait!
:D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby rmcelroy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Ah.... Port St Joe. My very last tent camping trip. I was not prepared. No see'ms (sp) just about drove me crazy, chasing racoons away in the dark with a flashlight-looked like a scene from the Blair Witch Project, and the heat almost made me insane.

I actually sat in a little resterant in Appilachiacola and added up how much it would cost me to just get in my car and drive home and leave all the camping gear behind.

It was a great trip. Giant shrimp for sale on the side of the road. Sat on the beach everynight to watch the sunset (no other human in site) An actual 40 miles to cell phone coverage...

It was beautiful, if I had bug spray and properly securred my food the first night.............. anyway you guys have fun. I won't be able to make it.

Regie
Wheather you think you can or you think you can't, your right.

Henry Ford
rmcelroy
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:53 pm

Bug Spray and Secure Food! Gottcha :thumbsup:
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:54 am

Bugs in the evening and morning always depend on the temperatures and breeze, I usually bring a box fan when camping in Florida to keep them away. Raccoons know how to open coolers so mine is either tied with a bungee cord or in the car at night. Bring binoculars, lots of birds and other wildlife at St. Joe SP. Check the deer link below.8)

Deer in the campground
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby nawlinsteardrop » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:33 am

Trying to see if I can get the wife to Go. Love this state Park!

When does Scallop Season Start> :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Chad

Life sometimes throws you a curve ball, be flexible and courageous enough to still knock it out of the park.

http://www.outsidesupply.com

http://blog.outsidesupply.com
nawlinsteardrop
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:20 am

Thanks for the link and tips Steve. :thumbsup:

My camping buddy, Dad, wants to go too. He has always wanted to camp there, so he is excited too.

We are going to have a great scenic drive down there.

Google Driving Map Link

Never been that far down 98. Looking forward to it. ;)

Chad, I hope you get to make it. It would be great to meet you and your wife.

Mk
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:57 pm

nawlinsteardrop wrote:Trying to see if I can get the wife to Go. Love this state Park!

When does Scallop Season Start> :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chad,

Scallop season is from July 1 through September 10. You could always come back for it. :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:38 pm

OK, I may have to get a second job to pay for the gas there and back but I am booked in site 20 for Thursday to Sunday :thumbsup: .

I am looking forward to seeing you guys again and to meet MK and dad. Cool!

Before I get too excited, let me put my vacation request on the boss's desk and see if I will be camping or not. Let you know for sure Monday. :NC
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:41 pm

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Oh I hope SO!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:59 pm

Mary K wrote::worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Oh I hope SO!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

:worship::worship: Me too! :worship::worship: :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby tinytrailer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:19 pm

I would love to meet you there but- I am camping at Sebastian Inlet the next weekend and can't do both. I am also going to O'Leno State Park on April 24 so I can attend the Pioneer Days on High Springs. I went last year and it is very interesting, Food, crafts and antiques.
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:35 pm

tinytrailer wrote:I would love to meet you there but- I am camping at Sebastian Inlet the next weekend and can't do both. I am also going to O'Leno State Park on April 24 so I can attend the Pioneer Days on High Springs. I went last year and it is very interesting, Food, crafts and antiques.

Mary Ann,

Sebastian Inlet is a nice place to camp. Hope to see you sometime before the summer is over. Have fun. We spent the day at Gamble Rogers SP today visiting a friend that was camping there for a few days, that campground as you know but others might not is right on the beach, it's a nice little campground.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Next

Return to Southeast