Tear Jerker Florida Chapter Fall gathering '08

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby devigata » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:28 am

I have questions about the food - are meals generally "on your own" or "community"? I like to work out our camping menus early so that I can take advantage of sales and do some prep work.

We can bring our turkey frying rig if needed, or contribute a few side dishes... or both!
devigata
Donating Member

Postby tinytrailer » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:12 am

Meals are mostly on your own, except Saturday night, which is a pot luck, based around the turkeys.
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Postby devigata » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:31 am

Thanks.
devigata
Donating Member

Postby Woody » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:46 pm

If you are planning of going to this gathering. I wouldn't wait to long to make reservations for sites. This campground fills very fast for that time of year. See ya all there
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:03 am

Hi all,

We'll be there. We're in site #79

I noticed it's deep fried turkey for Sat. night. Who's bringing the Turkey and who's supplying the oil? Or do we all chip in and help with the costs?

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby devigata » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:00 am

We plan on bringing our fryer and a turkey, plus more (just haven't decided what). I need practice cooking in the DO.
devigata
Donating Member

Postby tinytrailer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:58 pm

How many Teardrops will there be at this gathering? I have 7. I have sites 76,77,79,86,88,94 and 95. Are there more? I will be bringing the chocolate chip cookies again and food for Saturday night also. :)
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:26 pm

I wish I could make this gathering and see you guys and gals again but a friend and I are entered in the annual Alafia Canoe and Kayak Challenge (race) on Nov. 8th. It's an 11 mile race that starts at 9:00 a.m. I told my friend, Lenora, that I hope we can finish in the top 10 in our category. She said she is just hoping we will finish...period! :lol: It will be fun either way.

I know ya'll will have a great gathering. Have fun.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:41 pm

Becca,

I found you two "Canoe Masters" on the Alafia Canoe and Kayak Challenge website. Looks like you are in for a fun day. :thumbsup:

Looks like we won't be taking the Teardrop to the Anastasia gathering, but plan to go over Saturday for a while.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:04 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:Becca,

I found you two "Canoe Masters" on the Alafia Canoe and Kayak Challenge website. Looks like you are in for a fun day. :thumbsup:

Looks like we won't be taking the Teardrop to the Anastasia gathering, but plan to go over Saturday for a while.

Steveee...good to hear from you again. Your avatar is cool, or should I say a 'cool cat'. I hadn't checked the website in a couple of days so I haven't seen our names listed yet. Lenora is a fun gal...known her for 27 years now. But she likes to talk instead of paddle so this will be fun for her and double the work for me. I may make her sit up front so I can poke her with the paddle every now and then to get her movin'. :lol: This will be an adventure with her! I'll let you know the outcome...that is unless we fall out the canoe (thanking Lenora now for that), a gator gets us (again the credit goes to Lenora) and they never find out bodies. Whatever happens, she is getting the blame. :yes:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Hey all,

For those of you coming to the gathering, be aware that temps were in the forties this morning. So bring appropriate clothing. It's quite possible the temps will be just fine, but...Be prepared, as the Boy Scouts say.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

KEYWEST GATHERING

Postby SlyTerry » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:39 pm

HELLO NEIGHBOURS TO THE SOUTH!
When will you be having yur KEYWEST Gathering? We saw you had it this year in February - we're planning to bring our "Taddy" to Florida next February, and would love to join you folks in Margaritaville :P It's getting cold up here Brrrrr, but I have to hang on until February....I need Key West....... :worship:

Sly & Terry
www.tadpoletrailers.com
A Modern Teardrop For Modern T :icedtea: imes
SlyTerry
Teardrop Master

Postby tinytrailer » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:25 pm

The people that did show up for the weekend, had a good time. Thank you Steve and Kim for joining us on Saturday night and thanks to The Inkwell for being great hosts for the pot luck. All the food was great! We couldn't have asked for better weather either.
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:05 pm

tinytrailer wrote:The people that did show up for the weekend, had a good time. Thank you Steve and Kim for joining us on Saturday night and thanks to The Inkwell for being great hosts for the pot luck. All the food was great! We couldn't have asked for better weather either.

Thanks for saving me some chocolate chip cookies Mary Ann. :D

Woody called my cell phone to check on us just about the time we were gathering around the camp fire Saturday night. Somehow I didn't hear it ring. Sorry Woody, but just so you know, you missed a fun time. It felt good to spend some time, have fun and laugh with our teardrop and tiny trailer friends.

Nice to meet people in person for the 1st time, may you come to many more gatherings, and it always warms the heart to see old friends.

A big thanks to Paul and Lynn our pot luck host and hostess, you did a fine job making us feel welcome.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:Thanks for saving me some chocolate chip cookies Mary Ann. :D.

Hey now, How'd I miss out on those?

MaryAnn, I heard you had a sleepless night Sat. Sorry to hear about that.

Woody, We did have a great time, we wished you could have been there.

We saw the Powder Puff!!! Excellent job!

We meet a two couples on their maiden camping voyage with us from the forum. John & Cathy Jo from Orlando and Jimmy & Peggy from Gainesville. It was great meeting both of you and we look forward to camping together again in the future. We also meet Bob & Brenda who aren't new to teardrop camping but new friends to Paul & I.

The weather was great, a little chilly in the evening but that's okay, the Inkwell has heat...gotta love those little ceramic heaters.

Paul & I discovered a few things that need some minor repairs during this outing and that's a good thing. But I suggested to Paul that we fix 'em asap since we'll be working on the new house in a few weeks.

Anyway, it was a great time. Steve & Kim, thanks for joining us for the dinner even though you couldn't get a camping spot.

Oh, and if you haven't seen Steve in a while, check out how much thinner he's looking. Unfortunately I didn't take out my camera but I know several pictures were taken. Hopefully they'll be posted soon.

See all of you next time.
Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast