Nice Campground near Dollywood?

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Nice Campground near Dollywood?

Postby IndyMatt » Mon May 19, 2008 9:53 pm

I am a new teardrop owner in Indiana. I would like to plan a trip to the Pigeon Forge TN area and a trip to Dollywood. Can anyone recommend a good campground near Dollywood? What else should we check out in that area? Are there any grocery stores nearby for supplies? Any suggestions will be appreciated....and if anyone needs information about Indiana let me know, I will be happy to help you.
IndyMatt
Teardrop Builder

Postby tddriver » Tue May 20, 2008 11:18 am

We stayed at the KOA campground just outside of Dollywood once. It was well run and fairly pleasant. It's also less than a half a mile to the Dollywood gates. I was told this weekend that there is a nice campground North of Sevierville off Rt. 66 just past the Smokey Mountain Knife Works called Riverside. It shouldn't be hard to find data on your computer.
Good luck! 8)
Dave

Is it time to camp yet?

tddriver
Teardrop Master

Postby stman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:07 am

Matt, this may be a little late, but living near dollywood, I would consider staying in Townsend.A small town about 30 min from dollywood.better camping and less crowded.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&revid=1460461150&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=camping&near=Townsend,+TN&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1
Stan and Deb
stman
Teardrop Builder

Return to Southeast