moving to North Georgia soon need advice.

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

moving to North Georgia soon need advice.

Postby Mark Freedom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:40 am

I've had my house in Idaho on the market for the last year, and I think I might have it sold.
I'm moving back to North Georgia around the Athens area.
I lived in Dawsonville from 82 until 99 when I moved here, it's time to go home.

I was wondering if anyone from there had any advice on camp sites where I can stay in my 26 foot travel trailer until I find a place to rent or buy, probably for 2 to 4 weeks maybe.
~ Mark
Mark Freedom
Teardrop Advisor

Postby SuperTroll » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:15 pm

I'm not familiar with that area specifically, but I lived in my 35 foot GulfStream for a year and a half, and I parked it in a standard mobile home park, although it was admittedly an upscale one.....the lot rent included all utilities and the park had more ammenities that most, like tennis courts, pool, and a clubhouse...

point is, check a few to see if they accept RV's, and what the lot rent includes.......
Keep thinking outside the box and all manner of ideas will become reality......

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/alb ... Ul?start=0
SuperTroll
Teardrop Master

Re: moving to North Georgia soon need advice.

Postby Geron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Mark Freedom wrote:I've had my house in Idaho on the market for the last year, and I think I might have it sold.
I'm moving back to North Georgia around the Athens area.
I lived in Dawsonville from 82 until 99 when I moved here, it's time to go home.

I was wondering if anyone from there had any advice on camp sites where I can stay in my 26 foot travel trailer until I find a place to rent or buy, probably for 2 to 4 weeks maybe.

Hi Mark,

Just spent 2 wonderful days at Watson Mill Bridge St Park East of Athens near Comer, GA. Beautiful, shady park.

Fort Yargo SP on the West side of Athens is nice.

Pottery House campground in Commerce, GA for a private camp ground. North of athens.

http://www.gastateparks.org/net/go/parks.aspx

Check the above url for details.

gac
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mark Freedom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:56 pm

Hey thanks, that's good info.
Is the fort Yargo $25 a night regardless of what you have and how long you're staying?
I was just curious, it looks like from their site a tent spot and a trailer spot is the same price.
~ Mark
Mark Freedom
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Geron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Mark Freedom wrote:Hey thanks, that's good info.
Is the fort Yargo $25 a night regardless of what you have and how long you're staying?
I was just curious, it looks like from their site a tent spot and a trailer spot is the same price.

Could be. Been 3-4 years since we were there. Watson Mill Bridge is 22-24 for a campsite -- no matter what yhou put on it. I did find out that SR's get a 25% discount!!!!!!! Half price on the 1 year parking permit!!!

gac
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mark Freedom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:20 pm

Seems strange it's the same price weather you want electric hook up or not, I was sorta thinking ahead for when I get my teardrop built and using camping areas.
Those look like they'll work well for my "moving" needs.
I got those bookmarked, thank you much.
~ Mark
Mark Freedom
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Southeast