Happenings in TN? or north MS?

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby KevinS » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:19 pm

tinksdad wrote:
Miriam C. wrote::D Sounds like you guys need to get together and create a camping experience to be envied. 8)

I thought about it. If there are enough TD'ers and wannabe's in NW Miss (and surrounding areas), I would like to try to put something together at the SP at Sardis Lake (informal at best to start); I'm open to other suggestions. But; I don't want to step on any toes. We don't have a Magnolia State Chapter of the Tearjerkers. I'm not volunteering to start one!!! Being temporarily unemployed, I have enough on my plate than you can say grace over!! Trailjammer and myself are within spitting distance of being in the Voluntears boundaries (do teardrops have boundaries?). Other than myself and one other tear in Hattiesburg, I don't know if their are any others in Mississippi.

If their are any others out there who would like to see a Miss. gathering, PM me and we can put our heads together and maybe get something going.

I'm in Lumberton, MS.

I somehow missed meeting you at LCGIII.
:thinking:
KevinS
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm

Ifin it is not too far, I would join y'all for a gathering. I could do most any South of Jackson.

I saw signs for the Petrified forest in MS on my way to LCG. Let camp there, I like scary places! :lol:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby annalbs » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:21 pm

we would definitely be up for a gathering in MS since that's our old stomping grounds. are we looking at maybe something after the new year? maybe late january? :thinking:
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby annalbs » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 pm

we stayed at George P Cossar SP (north MS below batesville) on our way to KY a week ago that was really nice!!
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby MidTNJasonF » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:21 pm

I would just like to add that if there is a gathering setup for TN, North Alabama, or North Georgia in the future I will certainly try to attend. If it is early 2009 I will have to soft side it or show up with small tent trailer. If it is later I will hopefully have something built.
MidTNJasonF
Teardrop Master

Postby tinksdad » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Mary K wrote:Ifin it is not too far, I would join y'all for a gathering. I could do most any South of Jackson.

I saw signs for the Petrified forest in MS on my way to LCG. Let camp there, I like scary places! :lol:

Mk

If we go there it would have to be a small gathering. They only have 15 sites with electric.
http://www.mspetrifiedforest.com/VisitorInfo.cfm
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby tinksdad » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:25 pm

Miriam C. wrote::D Sounds like you guys need to get together and create a camping experience to be envied. 8)

Don't you just hate it when somebody throws down the gauntlet? :roll:

I have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm letting myself in for; but I spoke to Todd on the phone today and in all likelihood there will be a Magnolia State chapter of the Tearjerkers, even if it's only just me.

Any ways, taking the bull by the horns so to speak, I'm looking at the calendar for Valentines weekend 2009 somewhere in Central Mississippi. Every event has to start somewhere, so I guess this is it. I'm familiar with the park system in the north part of the state; but know nothing below Oxford. I'm open for suggestions and/or reviews for locations. Even the date is flexible because I realize the weather in February may be "iffy".:rainy: At least there shouldn't be any :snow

Any body interested or have any input?? :QM
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby annalbs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:19 am

i don't know if this will matter but there's a gathering in north florida that same weekend at manatee sp. if you don't wanna compete maybe switch the dates to the last weekend of the month. less problems with weather and possibly more people to attend.
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby tinksdad » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:22 am

annalbs wrote:i don't know if this will matter but there's a gathering in north florida that same weekend at manatee sp. if you don't wanna compete maybe switch the dates to the last weekend of the month. less problems with weather and possibly more people to attend.

I wasn't aware of the Manatee gathering when I picked that weekend. Now that I am, this one will get moved to later in February or early March. That's why I threw this out here, to get feedback and try to avoid making mistakes. This is a new role for me and I expect to encounter some type of learning curve.

I am still open for location suggestions or recommendations. I was thinking SP or COE; but the COE's in the northern part of the state don't take reservations, it's first come first served. I don't know if that's true across the state.
tinksdad
500 Club

Mississippi Tearjerkers

Postby pjsauls » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Sounds like a great idea -- too bad I haven't been able to start on a Tear yet due to other projects. May possibly be able to go in Feb/Mar with a soft side tear (tent).

:thumbsup:

JS
"Fate is the hunter for those least prepared." -Ernest K. Gann
pjsauls
Donating Member

Postby annalbs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:52 pm

i think all the COE's in MS are like that. might be better in a SP.
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby annalbs » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:28 pm

little black creek park would be a good one to stay at. its located close to lumberton.
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby tinksdad » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:42 pm

Another one I was looking at on the web is Grand Gulf Military Park between Vicksburg and Natchez. It looks good on their web page; but looks can be deceiving. I figured I'd shoot them an e-mail and see how they feel about a gathering of an unknown number of teardrops. The worst they can say is NO.

http://www.grandgulfpark.state.ms.us/
tinksdad
500 Club

Photos and such

Postby Trail-Jammers » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Yeah, what he said. It might be a little cold here lately but the wife and I are up for a get together sometime. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, we have addded some photos of our camper...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32634872@N07/?saved=1
"When you trade magic for
fact, there are NO tradebacks."
Eddie Vedder

Check out our Gallery...
Trail-Jammers
Teardrop Builder

Re: Photos and such

Postby tinksdad » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Trail-Jammers wrote:Yeah, what he said. It might be a little cold here lately but the wife and I are up for a get together sometime. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, we have addded some photos of our camper...

PM Sent
tinksdad
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast