Happenings in TN? or north MS?

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Happenings in TN? or north MS?

Postby conbrio » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 pm

So folks, anything happening around TN anytime soon? Or even northern MS? While I don't have a td yet, I would like to see if there is a get together that my family and I could make so we could see some different setups (and to help sell the idea of a teardrop to the wife) for when we decide to buy or build a td in the future.

ConBrio
conbrio
Teardrop Advisor

Postby tinksdad » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:42 pm

I'm with you on this!!! I'm in NW Miss and would love to get together with some other owners/builders to pick their brains!!!
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby bowop14 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:18 pm

Hey, I'm in central Ms and I will be ready to camp before long. I'm about half way done with my teardrop. I know I will be camping at hernando point campground this fall.
bowop14
Teardrop Inspector

Postby David Niver » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:37 am

Hi,
The Ga chapter is doing a fall get together at Cloudland Canyon State park the weekend of Oct 10th and it looks like we have 5 tears already.
Cloudland Canyon is near the TN, AL, Ga. border.
Doc and Marsha
David Niver
Teardrop Master

Postby conbrio » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:36 pm

David Niver wrote:Hi,
The Ga chapter is doing a fall get together at Cloudland Canyon State park the weekend of Oct 10th and it looks like we have 5 tears already.
Cloudland Canyon is near the TN, AL, Ga. border.
Doc and Marsha

Can tent campers join you all. I would love to make it out, but no tear for the family just yet.
conbrio
Teardrop Advisor

Postby WOLFPUPPY » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:44 am

:thumbsup: Tents are welcome :thumbsup:
We will just refer to you as the one's in the soft sided tear
David
ImageImageImage
WOLFPUPPY
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Von Pook » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:08 pm

Well time permitting, you all have got some more tenters (wanna be jerkers) that would like to come camp.
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby tinksdad » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:23 pm

bowop14 wrote:Hey, I'm in central Ms and I will be ready to camp before long. I'm about half way done with my teardrop. I know I will be camping at hernando point campground this fall.

I'm at the same point.... about 1/2 done. It will definitely be campable before the end of October because I all ready made my reservations for LCG III.

If not the fall of this year, how about a get together in the spring? Plenty of time to think about it and plan. I was thinking maybe Sardis, either the state park or one of the COE's; but I'm open to alternatives.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby sid » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:55 am

Hey all,

Those of you looking for gatherings should go to www.tearjerkers.net/forums to see what's happening when and where. The link is also at the top of this page... "Tearjerkers"

The Volun'tear Chapter of Tennessee will have it's first gathering 12-14 September at Old Stone Fort State Park near Manchester, TN. I24 exit 105

Drop by if you get a chance

Mark
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Old Stone Fort

Postby stbuch » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:53 pm

Hey guys,
Could you give me some additional info on the Manchester gathering? That is definitely do-able for us and we want to try to get there.

Sherrie
Good grief, isn�t it the weekend yet?
Maybe if I sleep in the camper the week
will pass faster�
stbuch
The 300 Club

Postby sid » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:32 pm

Sherry,

I sent you a PM with the info.
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Memphis Area...

Postby Trail-Jammers » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:46 pm

We live in Southaven and would love to go to a "gathering" within a reasonable distance. Anyone know of any close to the Memphis area? :roll:
"When you trade magic for
fact, there are NO tradebacks."
Eddie Vedder

Check out our Gallery...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32634872@N07/?saved=1
Trail-Jammers
Teardrop Builder

Re: Memphis Area...

Postby tinksdad » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Trail-Jammers wrote:We live in Southaven and would love to go to a "gathering" within a reasonable distance. Anyone know of any close to the Memphis area? :roll:

I just looked at the calendars real quick, and it looks like we stay buttoned up here in Miss until next year. It depends on how you define "close". I would love to go to Christmas at the Beach; but I can't make the time to drive to Myrtle for a weekend. I don't recall the dates but I do recall seeing something recently about an informal gathering at Gulf Shores, AL. Also another long drive. :(
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:40 pm

:D Sounds like you guys need to get together and create a camping experience to be envied. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby tinksdad » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:22 pm

Miriam C. wrote::D Sounds like you guys need to get together and create a camping experience to be envied. 8)

I thought about it. If there are enough TD'ers and wannabe's in NW Miss (and surrounding areas), I would like to try to put something together at the SP at Sardis Lake (informal at best to start); I'm open to other suggestions. But; I don't want to step on any toes. We don't have a Magnolia State Chapter of the Tearjerkers. I'm not volunteering to start one!!! Being temporarily unemployed, I have enough on my plate than you can say grace over!! Trailjammer and myself are within spitting distance of being in the Voluntears boundaries (do teardrops have boundaries?). Other than myself and one other tear in Hattiesburg, I don't know if their are any others in Mississippi.

If their are any others out there who would like to see a Miss. gathering, PM me and we can put our heads together and maybe get something going.
tinksdad
500 Club

Next

Return to Southeast