Jocassee Lake

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Jocassee Lake

Postby Chip » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:06 am

PAteardropper ( Bill & Joan ) are heading south and camp with a bunch of their kayack paddling friends the second weekend in May. Some nice folks; even if they are "yanks" and are bringing their Camp-Inn. I am gonna try and get with the group at least on night while they are here,, sure would like to have any others who are interested to bring their trailers and come on by,, let me know cause the campground is small and we might be able to double up on one site. the gathering is at Devils Fork state park

Let me know if ya gonna come and we can try to get a double site

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Clancy Courtney » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:59 am

Chip, I'm interested.
Clancy
Clancy Courtney
Donating Member

Postby anonymous2 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:06 pm

Hi Chip,

I checked with our reservation rules. Campers{trailers,RV's} CANNOT double up at Devils Fork State Park. A camper & tent is allowed. Chip if you want ,I can post that you may want to share with a tenting kayaker, on the paddling web page,and maybe someone will share a site with you. I know in years previous tents have doubled up and split costs. Let me know . Sorry, SC. state park rules. Maybe if you hide your teardrop under a tent,they won't know.

pateardropper
anonymous2
The 300 Club

Postby Chip » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:17 pm

Hey bill yes post it,, I would love to share a site if someone is willing,,,be glad to split cost

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: Jocassee Lake

Postby David Grason » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:48 pm

Chip wrote:,, let me know cause the campground is small and we might be able to double up on one site. the gathering is at Devils Fork state park

Is the campground small enough that there is a real danger of driving a long way only to find that there's no place to set up? I mean, how many folks mob the place on weekends anyway?

My tear will be finished in time for that and maybe my wife and I could come over. We'll certainly be looking for places to camp.
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

Postby Chip » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:08 pm

David,,I understand there is 50 something sites and the paddlers took up 40 of them last year,, if ya going I would make a reservation

contace pateardropper and he can give ya a better idea of how many

chip
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby anonymous2 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:01 pm

Hey Chip,

I will post tonight on the paddling page. David, you need to contact to contact the phone # on this web page http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com/st ... p?PID=1355 to reserve a site. Last year close to 40 kayakers showed up,and Devils Fork State Park only has 59 sites. Some did double up. If you want to follow the paddling web page message board about what is planned, go here, http://www.paddling.net/message/ and click on "getting together & going paddling" Then click on " Jocassee Rendezvous". If you would like to post you must register{free} ,but you can read all posts with out registering. I believe about 1/3 of attendees have their sites. It may not be as big of an event this year,as several couldn't make the dates picked. I will be in site 51 with a kayaking buddy. Hope you can make it ,and it would be great to say HI to Chip again.Oh yeah, The dates are May 13th - 15th.

pateardropper
anonymous2
The 300 Club

Postby anonymous2 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:16 pm

Hello all,

So far no responses for site sharing. I just found out only 6 people have their sites so far. Last year everyone had their site by Easter. Seems this year they are having trouble getting organized.I will keep you posted.

pateardropper
anonymous2
The 300 Club

Postby anonymous2 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:41 pm

Hello all,

Well it looks like there will not be 1/2 the kayakers that were there last year. Seems most had prior comittments. You will still have to reserve a site. Looks like no one wants to share a site either,because they will have kayaks,gear,tent or trailer,and vehicle spread around the site,and little room to share.Sorry,but I am already sharing my site. Hope to see a few of you there. Only a month to go !

pateardropper
anonymous2
The 300 Club

Return to Southeast