Looking for a quick run campsite in TN

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Looking for a quick run campsite in TN

Postby Von Pook » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:53 am

I am looking for a quick run campsite near Nashville, one that my better half and I could kick back and enjoy some fishing and camping for the night. Its only a one night run, something close without the big rigs. Thank you
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:04 am

Have you gone online to look up Parks?
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Von Pook » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:35 am

many a time, I was just hoping for a surprise spot, something new that my better half hasnt seen yet. Like a little unknown campground.
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby Von Pook » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:38 am

I found a great spot for tearjerkers and tenters combined, a place called Watts Bar Lake campground. Family owned(looks like 70 years worth) on a nice lake with great fishing. Its remote, and I was hoping to find something like it near Nashville, thank you
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby SouthernGirl » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:22 am

I just posted a couple of things in General Discussion. Having read a little more now, go look at the sites at recreation.gov which include all the COE lake sites in the area.

Defeated Creek and Salt Lick are both perfect for you. Also check out Indian Creek Campground at Chestnut Mound in Smith Co. Also Edgar Evins State Park on Cordell Hull. You need a good tow vehicle for that one as you have to go over one rather extreme hill.

There is also Bledsoe Creek State Park on Old Hickory near Gallatin. I have driven out there to check it out as it's close to me, but I was less impressed.

We are planning on riding out to Ragland Bottoms in Smithville this afternoon to check it out. I'll let you know.
Susan
SouthernGirl
Teardrop Master

Postby stbuch » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:23 pm

We enjoyed Davy Crockett State Park and we really like Fall Creek Falls State Park.

Sherrie
Good grief, isn�t it the weekend yet?
Maybe if I sleep in the camper the week
will pass faster�
stbuch
The 300 Club

Return to Southeast