Manatee Springs State Park February 12-13-14

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Lynn Coleman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Last edited by Lynn Coleman on Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks Lynn,

Always enjoy your photography :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:49 pm

I just wanted to say how much fun Fran and I had camping with old and new friends. There was so much interest in all the Teardrops this weekend from visitors, especially Canadians.

Steve and Kim's "Little Gypsy" is absolutely beautiful. You just have to see it in person to appreciate the workmanship. Our trip to Cedar Key was so much fun.

Hector, Wanda and Max's Teardrop is HUGE and just as beautiful. It is so big and roomy. I hope you enjoyed your first gathering as much as we enjoyed your company. Wanda, thank you for entertaining us with your guitar and voice....you are very talented.

Michelle, Kimberly, the pooches and the "Powder Puff" were great neighbors. These two ladies have a lot to be proud of with their build. It is an adorable tiny camper!

Mr. John and Ms. Rose have a beautiful Woody. It too is large and roomy. Thank you for letting me tour it.

Mary Ann's "When Pigs Fly" is as cute as they come. She has a piggy theme that is just too cute. It's very cozy inside.

Paul and Lynn's "Inkwell" is also huge, but cozy. It's a home away from home. Paul, thanks for the music entertainment. You rock! Lynn, we had a blast playing cards with ya'll. Please email the rules. I'm gonna beat someone at that game yet.

I didn't get to visit the inside of Jimmy and Peggy's Teardrop. It is beautiful on the outside. I liked the way your campsite was setup. :thumbsup:

The dinner gathering was so much damn fun...rain and all. We ladies all wore gypsy scarves in honor of Steve and Kim's "Little Gypsy". It also helped hide our wet heads. :lol:

It was a great birthday too! I even got a bite of german chocolate cake before the raccoon stole it!!! I awoke at 4:30 a.m. to a bandit running off into the woods with my birthday cake and my fork! I grabbed my flashlight, jumped out of my camper and ran after him (only a male would do that) and got my fork back. Fran was laughing so hard I thought we would wake the campground. :D

Thank you all again for so much fun. :ilovecamp:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby forestfrog » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:17 am

Wow! It looks and sounds like everyone had a blast! I'm so bummed I missed out on meeting so many wonderful people (and seeing their trailers too). Maybe I'll catch up with y'all at the 2nd Annual Manatee Springs Gathering...(hint, hint)...LOL!
:D

I'm glad everyone had fun, despite the rain!! :applause: :thumbsup:
Kristi
~*~Stand still and be awed by Nature...~*~
forestfrog
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:35 am

forestfrog wrote:Wow! It looks and sounds like everyone had a blast! I'm so bummed I missed out on meeting so many wonderful people (and seeing their trailers too). Maybe I'll catch up with y'all at the 2nd Annual Manatee Springs Gathering...(hint, hint)...LOL!

Kristi,

We talked often about how much we missed seeing you and mental floss. I too hope we get to meet one day.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:57 am

Steve_Cox wrote:
forestfrog wrote:Wow! It looks and sounds like everyone had a blast! I'm so bummed I missed out on meeting so many wonderful people (and seeing their trailers too). Maybe I'll catch up with y'all at the 2nd Annual Manatee Springs Gathering...(hint, hint)...LOL!

Kristi,

We talked often about how much we missed seeing you and mental floss. I too hope we get to meet one day.

+2 :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 am

CAJUN LADY wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:

Kristi,

As long as we are waxing nostalgic on how things might have been, I was thinking it would have also been nice to see Mary K and her dad Billy again too, as they are pretty good camping buddies as well.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:19 am

Steve_Cox wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:

Kristi,

As long as we are waxing nostalgic on how things might have been, I was thinking it would have also been nice to see Mary K and her dad Billy again too, as they are pretty good camping buddies as well.

+2 again. :thumbsup: Mr. Billy was missed. Oh...and you too MaryK. :lol: :lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 am

I for one wasn't ready for the camp out to end. Kim is in Miami and I've been camped in the driveway, even had a campfire last night in the Chimenea. :campfire:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Gaelen » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:27 am

I have to apologize for missing you all, too--I was in Orlando, and did have plans to come up (even printed out the directions). But the family wanted to go to SeaWorld that weekend, and I decided to stay with the home fires.

On the bright side, I really enjoyed my first Florida vacation...and since my docs have now cleared me to fly, that means I *will* be back in that neck of the woods again (because it was beautiful...I could work all day from a sun-breezed balcony overlooking the lagoon, and see all of the water birds and just feel wonderfully relaxed for the first time in a *very* long time.) So I'll be back in Florida, and I will find you all at a gathering some day! The pics look like you all had a wonderful time...even if it did rain!
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Gaelen, I was wondering what happened to you. I know you would have enjoyed the gathering. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with your family and we will see you on your next trip to FL.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:50 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:
Steve_Cox wrote:

Kristi,

+2 again. :thumbsup: Mr. Billy was missed. Oh...and you too MaryK. :lol: :lol:

Awww, how sweet. :) Thanks you guys!! I know Dad has been lurking and reading this thread. I'll tell him to read it again. :thumbsup:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Previous

Return to Southeast