Manatee Springs State Park February 12-13-14

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:55 pm

Lynn Coleman wrote:Did we decide on a specific type of dinner for Sat. night? Is it Sat. night?

Lynn

CAJUN LADY wrote:Fran and I were just talking on the phone and were wondering the same thing. We are up for anything just say the word.

We could all keep an eye out for road kill on the way there :R
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:22 am

Road Kill...hmmm...what about...oh I don't know pre skinned and trimmed meat? Must be my lack of countryfiedness, huh?

Pot-Luck always works. I'll bring an extra table with us. Perhaps I can borrow and eight foot one from the church. I so looking forward to the warmer temps.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Michele » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Mary K,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I'm also dissappointed that you won't be joining us. :(
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks everyone. We did have to say goodbye to Boo. And now we are keeping our eye on Cori, although she seams to be doing just fine, eating and playing. But we do not really know 100% why Boo Got sick in the first place. So, I need to stay home just in case.

I really wish I could join you, Y'all have fun Okay!!! :)
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby forestfrog » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:17 pm

It looks like Mental Floss and I won't be able to make it to Manatee Springs this weekend. :cry:

My leave schedule was "re-evaluated" at work and my 9 days off turned into 3. I turned down an out-of-state transfer in December and found a new position here, but it doesn't start for three more months. In the mean time, they're trying to squeeze as much fieldwork out of me as possible.

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone!! You guys have fun and please take LOTS of pics! :D
Kristi
~*~Stand still and be awed by Nature...~*~
forestfrog
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:39 pm

forestfrog wrote:It looks like Mental Floss and I won't be able to make it to Manatee Springs this weekend. :cry:

My leave schedule was "re-evaluated" at work and my 9 days off turned into 3. I turned down an out-of-state transfer in December and found a new position here, but it doesn't start for three more months. In the mean time, they're trying to squeeze as much fieldwork out of me as possible.

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone!! You guys have fun and please take LOTS of pics! :D

:cry: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Call in sick...really, really sick. I promise never to tell. Awwww...that is sucky.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:43 pm

:( Gosh That does suckith!! :(
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:07 pm

:crying1: No MaryK................ :crying1: No Kristi.................I'm just so sad :crying1:.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:58 am

Sorry to hear you can't make it Kristi.

Currently I'm scanning the last few pages pages of an antique book into my computer. While the scanner is humming, I'm packing, emailing and getting ready to leave. There's nothing like multi tasking right before a weekend away.

See ya soon,
Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:01 pm

:pictures: :pictures: :pictures: :disappointed:
Hey you girls and guys have a good time and don't forget to take pictures for those of us stuck at home in the rain and cold.

Kristi---Tell em we said :NC :shake hands: Who ever heard of canceling leave without an emergency. :roll:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:14 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote::crying1: No MaryK................ :crying1: No Kristi.................I'm just so sad :crying1:.

me too! :cry:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby tinytrailer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:35 pm

I am sorry, I will not be bringing chocolate chip cookies this year. I am not living in my house and couldn't get them made. I will be making hot donuts for anyone that is interested, on Saturday morning starting around 8:30 am.
tinytrailer
Teardrop Master

Postby Lynn Coleman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:48 pm

tinytrailer wrote:I am sorry, I will not be bringing chocolate chip cookies this year. I am not living in my house and couldn't get them made. I will be making hot donuts for anyone that is interested, on Saturday morning starting around 8:30 am.

Yum sounds delicious. Hopefully, you'll have some left by the time I surface. hehe

Lynn
who just saw a new techie thingie that has me wanting it oh so bad.
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Lynn Coleman wrote:Road Kill...hmmm...what about...oh I don't know pre skinned and trimmed meat? Must be my lack of countryfiedness, huh?

Pot-Luck always works. I'll bring an extra table with us. Perhaps I can borrow and eight foot one from the church. I so looking forward to the warmer temps.

Lynn

For the pot luck, Kim said I am bringing ham. :D
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Looks like we're bringing 3 boxes of 28 oz smoked sausages that we'll grill for the pot-luck. I'll probably also make a macaroni & pea salad as well.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast