Magnolia's First Gathering

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Magnolia's First Gathering

Postby tinksdad » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:07 am

I looked at all the calendars, I went through the nearby chapters postings, checked to see if there are any national or world wide events that might interfere or conflict... and I think I came up with some date possibilities.

How does Feb28-March1 2009 or the following weekend March 7-8 2009 sound? I guess that's close enough by the calendar that we could call it a Spring Fling.

Looking at Hugh White SP near Grenada Lake. It's in north central Mississippi about halfway between Jackson, MS and Memphis, TN.
http://mississippistateparks.reserveamerica.com/ms/Hugh_White/Campground/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=MS&parkId=152812
I've never been there myself; but looking at campsite map, probably the middle loop (approx #65 - 95) looks convenient for bathroom facilities.

It's ReserveAmerica; but they have an online reservation option. I checked availability and all sites are open at this time in the range I was looking at. (The lower loop is totally unavailable for some reason).

When I start to get some kind of consensus on which weekend, I will make my reservations and post a follow up with details. :P
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:07 pm

Image Jerry and Mississippi :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

It's Official

Postby tinksdad » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:54 pm

I double checked all the chapters and regions calendars and the dates don't conflict with anything somebody else may have scheduled.

It will be Friday March 6th and Saturday March 7th, 2009 at Hugh White State Park near Grenada, Mississippi.

I have reserved sites 15 and 16 for a central location. The farthest site from the bath house in that loop is only 400 feet and when I made my reservation today, none of the other sites were reserved as yet.

I thought hard and long about a theme (if we really need one) and came up with this...

It's a week and a half after the actual Mardi Gras; but close enough to continue the celebration. (I think it's also a week before prime fishing season starts because the following weekend required a three night minimum stay.)

So..... bring your green, gold and purple decorations if you are so inclined and join me.
tinksdad
500 Club

Campground Layout

Postby pjsauls » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:59 am

I took a look at the campground layout on the Hugh White link -- it appears to include campsites for the Grenada Lake Corps of Engineers campground at the lake spillway.

There is no spillway outlet channel campground at Hugh White.

The Grenada Lake Corps of Engineers campground (as proposed) would be an excellent location -- there is no affiliation with Hugh White State Park as far as I am aware.

Just wanted to highlight this to try to avoid some confusion.

(By the way< I won't have a trailer by that date - TBD)

John
"Fate is the hunter for those least prepared." -Ernest K. Gann
pjsauls
Donating Member

Postby Trail-Jammers » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Isn't about time for another one of these gatherings??? :worship:

We just got back from LCG in Louisiana tonight and can't wait til our next gathering! Great time with great people! :applause:

Hugh-White, Sardis, Arkabuttla, Enid, Holly Springs NF?

Whattaya say???

;)
"When you trade magic for
fact, there are NO tradebacks."
Eddie Vedder

Check out our Gallery...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32634872@N07/?saved=1
Trail-Jammers
Teardrop Builder

Postby Trail-Jammers » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Isn't about time for another one of these gatherings??? :worship:

We just got back from LCG in Louisiana tonight and can't wait til our next gathering! Great time with great people! :applause:

Hugh-White, Sardis, Arkabuttla, Enid, Holly Springs NF?

Whattaya say???

;)
"When you trade magic for
fact, there are NO tradebacks."
Eddie Vedder

Check out our Gallery...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32634872@N07/?saved=1
Trail-Jammers
Teardrop Builder

Return to Southeast