END OF SUMMER FUN AT THA LAKE *2009*

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:54 am

September 18-20, 2009
High Rock Lake Marina and Campground in Lexington, NC

We had a total blast, this past September at tha lake.......SO, IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS A.S.A.P.....PLEASE DO NOT WAIT TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS, 'cause the water front sites go super fast. Barbara, the campground manger, will only hold sites 1-5 until February 28, 2009. There are 4 other sites that will accommodate up to 6 teardrops, just a stones throw from the lake. Just remember, you can reserve today and cancel within 7 days prior to your arrival date at a cost of $5.00.

We will be on the waters edge at HIGH ROCK LAKE Marina and Campground in Lexington, NC. www.highrocklakecampground.com 1-800-382-3239
We will be in sites 1-5 These sites are large enough for two teardrop campers, thus this will be a Double-Up gathering. Since we will be Doubling-Up, Barbara has given us a rate of $17.50 per night.

Carla and I have reserved site #4 and we are planning on having 2 campers there. Hope to see some new friends, as well as, old friends around the campfire.
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Re: END OF SUMMER FUN AT THA LAKE *2009*

Postby Creamcracker » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:35 pm

Ross Wade wrote:END OF SUMMER FUN AT THA LAKE *2009*
September 18-20, 2009
High Rock Lake Marina and Campground in Lexington, NC

We had a total blast, this past September at tha lake.......SO, IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS A.S.A.P.....PLEASE DO NOT WAIT TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS, 'cause the water front sites go super fast. Barbara, the campground manger, will only hold sites 1-5 until February 28, 2009. There are 4 other sites that will accommodate up to 6 teardrops, just a stones throw from the lake. Just remember, you can reserve today and cancel within 7 days prior to your arrival date at a cost of $5.00.

We will be on the waters edge at HIGH ROCK LAKE Marina and Campground in Lexington, NC. www.highrocklakecampground.com 1-800-382-3239
We will be in sites 1-5 These sites are large enough for two teardrop campers, thus this will be a Double-Up gathering. Since we will be Doubling-Up, Barbara has given us a rate of $17.50 per night.

Carla and I have reserved site #4 and we are planning on having 2 campers there. Hope to see some new friends, as well as, old friends around the campfire.

Seriously thinking about this one....I checked the website but can't see an online booking form...do you call to reserve? Is there a map of the campsite anywhere?

Philip
Image Image
3rd Annual Out of Control Shop Winner :)
Creamcracker
Teardrop Graduate

Postby Ross Wade » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:36 am

Philip,

I emailed Barbara and since it is off season right now, you can email her anytime or call the campground @ 1-800-382-3289 between 4:00pm - 6:00pm....Barbara is generally in the office at that time.

As for a campground map, they don't have one online, However I do have a map and will get posted this evening. Here are a few pictures from September 2008 [url=http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={4A739671-81EE-4F0C-BBB7-23C94895EEB3}&AlbumId={8BCB96A3-4634-448E-978B-EAE457CC221A}&GroupId={B9A3CD90-9644-4CE0-BDCF-7E348F7F297E}&nt=a//url]END OF SUMMER FUN[/url]
Last edited by Ross Wade on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Ross Wade » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:12 am

Hey Philip,
Been having computer and server issues once again. I have the campground map and I can email it to anyone who wants to see the layout. I can't seem to change the format of the map in order to get it posted. Sorry about that.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby wanders » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Reservation is in. See y'all there!
Wally & Cathi

Director- Old Dominion Tearjerkers

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Postby JIML1943 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:22 am

Any one interested in this gathering pm or e-mail me your address and i will have Barbara snail mail you a brochure
Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come along and pull your ass out the bind you've gotten yourself into.

Happy camping Jim & Barbara
JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Postby JIML1943 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:01 am

I scanned the layout of sites hope you can make it out.

Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come along and pull your ass out the bind you've gotten yourself into.

Happy camping Jim & Barbara
JIML1943
Teardrop Master

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:30 am

Thanks for posting the map, Jim. :thumbsup:
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Ross Wade » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:23 pm

Several of you have emailed me and stated that you will be attending. I checked with Barbara at High Rock Lake Campground and no one has made their reservations yet. If you are going to attend, PLEASE don't wait....call and make your reservations ASAP. They will not be able to hold the waterfront sites for us for much longer.
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby PanelDeland » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:42 am

Are looky loo's welcome? I live near High Rock Lake and would love to have a chance to look at a few trailers in person.I have some other scheduling commitments for Sept so may only be able to make a day trip. With any luck I will be getting close to finishing a lot of the work on my TV and can start getting serious about a trailer next winter.I think seeing some in person will do three things for me

1.Give me lots of ideas to steal
2.Allow me to gt better ideas on layout and ways to put it all in there
3.Give me momentum to get started.
"I know the voices in my head aren't real,but they have some really good Ideas!"
PanelDeland
Teardrop Master

Postby Ross Wade » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Why yes, Lookie Loo's are always welcome. That's how we all got started.

Hope to see you,
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Committed/And Challenge, too!

Postby Alfred » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Hey Gang,

So I called and made our reservations today (by the way, the reserved TD area is apparently all booked up, they put us somewhere else in the park).

I told the person helping me that I planned to bring my TD, if it was finished, otherwise we would be tent camping. She told me, "No tent camping", their park serves RV/Campers only.

So, I proceeded with the reservation, but this means I have to get the build at least minimally campable by Mid-September! Uh-Oh, pressure is on!

AL in Asheville :thumbsup:
4 minute video of our build - A 5x8 Camper for a family of 5 - http://youtu.be/CYGTlkfpIhY
How we built a 5x8 camper for a family of 5, using a utility trailer with an incorporated bunk bed for the kids.
From plain trailer to campground!

ImageImageImage
Also - More pictures here: http://flic.kr/ps/225piC
Alfred
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:53 am

Just 4 weeks to go and we will be splish splashing in tha water. As for the Saturday Night Potluck Dinner theme, it will be "DUTCH OVEN ONE POT WONDERS". for example, Chicken Pot Pie, Beef Stew, Chicken and Rice Casserole, etc.............
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Ross Wade » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Just 2 weeks away. Been thinking about renting a pontoon boat for 1/2 a day on Saturday. Anybody else be interested in this?
Ross
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby tomfell » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Well....rain or shine :worship: Stephanie and I will see ya'll there tomorrow...probably late...but happy to get out of "DODGE" for a while :thumbsup: !!!!!!!!!!

Until tomorrow,

Tom
If we live in fear of banjos, then the banjos have won.
tomfell
Teardrop Inspector

Next

Return to Southeast