Mardi Gras In Mississippi

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Site Reservations...

Postby Trail-Jammers » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Just about anything "crock-pot" is a sure winner...

Well, I have reserved our site (#14) for Friday and Saturday nights...
Which, according to the map, is right across from your #16 & 17.

I sure hope that we have a few more by then... At least someone with a guitar or some sort of entertainment. You don't want to hear us sing! :oops:

Hopefully we're not too "hard core" campers for the rest of them... Ha!

It's gonna be a good time! :thumbsup:

We got some new "Party Lights" & can't wait to plug em in!!!
"When you trade magic for
fact, there are NO tradebacks."
Eddie Vedder

Check out our Gallery...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32634872@N07/?saved=1
Trail-Jammers
Teardrop Builder

Postby bowop14 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:14 pm

I wish I could make it but I will have to work plus my camper will not be finished by them.

if the weather will let me work on it I hope to be camping in it by April or May.
bowop14
Teardrop Inspector

camp

Postby doitright » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:21 am

I will be planning on coming down. It is about 3.5 hours of a drive for me. I will try to pry some beads from my wife to bring with me. I have not made any rev. but I will be there I hope.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby tinksdad » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Don't need to bring beads!!! I've got plenty to go around. Looking forward to seeing you.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby TheRedBaron » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:21 pm

We're in! I'm not sure what time we'll get there on Friday, but we'll be there. It may be as late as 8:00 or as early as 4. Just depends on my work schedule.
We're excited! It's been a long winter already!
TheRedBaron
Teardrop Inspector

beads

Postby doitright » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Oh my camper always goes with beads. I have never been to a mardi gras but my wife has been several times and has some nice beads. I use them for decoration.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

camp out

Postby doitright » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Thinksdad.
Have you put a invite to the folks in South Central? Several are in Ark. and La. They may want to go for a early spring campout.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby tinksdad » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:01 pm

It's open to anybody who wants to come. I didn't think to cross post between regions. I just assumed that because I read ALL the posts, every body else did as well. It just shows I still have a lot to learn about this gathering thing. It is posted at Tearjerkers as well. I'll "bump" it over there as well to remind people that it's still a go.

Jerry
tinksdad
500 Club

camping

Postby doitright » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Hey I will do breakfast waffles coffee and bacon. If 5 come or 40 I will be ready. If 40 do come I will need somebody to help mix. Can we have a Teardrop craw? After breakfast and before we need to start cooking for the pot luck? I know it is early in the year and we will be getting our campers out of mothballs but it may be fun to do after lunch. I for one have never been to a T or TTT campout and do not know what to expect. I know I will not have my camper to a good shine but we can display our lights and outside stuff and or inside decor. This would be up to the owner of the camper. Since this is going to be a mardi gras campout my camper will be set up so mardi gras / Jamaican type decor with a very vintage look.
Hey if the forecast calls for a very cold weekend I can get a 10 x 20 group tent with sides and heat the inside for a large group or I do have a 10 x10 e z up. What ever is needed just tell me.

Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

breakfast

Postby doitright » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Sorry I did not define I will cook Saterday breakfast.
Kevin
I do not know if my wife or grandson will be able to come but I will be there with bells on. I am tired of waiting for everybodys open date to go anyplace. I am going if only by myself.
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Re: breakfast

Postby tinksdad » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:31 pm

doitright wrote:Sorry I did not define I will cook Saterday breakfast.
Kevin
I do not know if my wife or grandson will be able to come but I will be there with bells on. I am tired of waiting for everybodys open date to go anyplace. I am going if only by myself.

That's the way I feel about it.

Saturday breakfast sounds good. I'll volunteer to help "mix" whatever needs mixing.

Staying in the Cajun/Creole/NewOrleans Mardi Gras theme, my side dish for the pot luck will either be red beans and rice or a gumbo. I haven't decided which.

I am sure there will be plenty of time to inspect each others trailers throughout the weekend. I spent all day yesterday getting the new tile floor put in and the galley and interior cabinets built and installed to hide my electrical wiring. I'm one step closer to having a presentable trailer.

I'm bringing my 10x10 awning as well. Can't find any purple and green lights, so I'll probably just bring some of my christmas lights to string around it. I have all these spring clamps laying around from building the trailer. They should work just fine for hanging lights. :lol:
tinksdad
500 Club

beads

Postby doitright » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Well my wife goes to mardi graw most every year. This year she went this weekend with her sister for the opening. She and her sister said they got lots of beads so I will have some new ones.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

beads

Postby doitright » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:10 pm

: Here is a small amount of the mask and beads from years past. She has two garbage bags full of them also but she has hid them from me. That is ok because she dose not know how many black pots I have :D Before anybody ask she just sticks her arm out and the beads fall on :roll: That is what she told me. :thinking:
Hey it is all fun.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

forgot photo

Postby doitright » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:44 pm

Sorry forgot the photo
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Re: beads

Postby tinksdad » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:51 pm

doitright wrote:: Here is a small amount of the mask and beads from years past. She has two garbage bags full of them also but she has hid them from me. That is ok because she dose not know how many black pots I have :D Before anybody ask she just sticks her arm out and the beads fall on :roll: That is what she told me. :thinking:
Hey it is all fun.
Kevin

That's what my daughter used to tell us too. That is until her brother went down to visit one year and came home with photo proof otherwise. Heck, it didn't bother me. We brought our kids up not to be ashamed of their bodies. If she wants to show hers off for some plastic doo-dads.... that's up to her!!

She did retaliate..... She sent pics of our son doing keg stands which he vehemently denies!!
tinksdad
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast