Mardi Gras In Mississippi

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

READY!

Postby Trail-Jammers » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:47 pm

Is anyone else ready to go camping?

Wife and I have a little "cabin fever" here... :roll:

Tell me more about this "Teardrop Craw"???
Is that kind of like a Show & Shine kinda thing?

Or...
Is it when you've had a few spirits and have to cRaWl back to the camper? Ha! :?

Sounds good to us, we just need to get a few more Flamingos! :thumbsup:
"When you trade magic for
fact, there are NO tradebacks."
Eddie Vedder

Check out our Gallery...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32634872@N07/?saved=1
Trail-Jammers
Teardrop Builder

camp

Postby doitright » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Maybe a little of both. Just depends on what is offered from camper to camper. To early in the day for me so I will offer coffie and some hunka bread. Hey bread is cooked with beer.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Camper Craw

Postby Trail-Jammers » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:20 pm

Yup, we'll prolly offer our visitors: "world famous-Tiger/Mart Powdered Donuts" with a half-eaten bag of Dorito's and perhaps Dr. Pepper to wash them down....

It's Camping Tradition... Ha!

Just kidding, we'll come up with something creative. :)

Litttle less than 2 weeks now and then the mothballs come out of the camper.... Can't wait!

Any other "commiters" from the other sites signed up to show?
Eddie Vedder

Check out our Gallery...
Trail-Jammers
Teardrop Builder

Postby tinksdad » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:28 pm

The latest figures I have right now is that it's just a handful (maybe 4 or 5 trailers/campers/tents). This crazy weather lately may be keeping people from making definite commitments. That, and the fact that is the first official Mississippi gathering.... who knows.

All I can say is that we enjoy ourselves, have a good time and make up stories afterwards to make everybody envious for not having attended. :lol:
tinksdad
500 Club

Stories and such...

Postby Trail-Jammers » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:36 pm

Ha! Sounds like a good time to us!

Crazy weather I can definately agree with. 65,42,46,70,46,65...

A small group is just fine with us, we usually only camp with just the two of us anyhow.

A campfire sure will be enjoyed.... Which reminds me, I need to get started on making the wood carrier for the front of our trailer!

That's the downfall of Jeeps, NO BED!
Eddie Vedder

Check out our Gallery...
Trail-Jammers
Teardrop Builder

camper

Postby doitright » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Boy oh boy I looked in my camper and I got my work cut out for me. I know my camper will not shine (never tarp a alum camper) yet but I got to get all sorted out what to take and what not to take. I have got too much vintage camping gear. I would need a 40` camper to take it all with me. I at this time can not even get in my camper with all the stuff I got in it. I was thinking about painting the inside but it is still too cold. So I will just go for a good cleaning and a wash for the outside.
Just do not expect too much got a big work load this weekend thank God. I will be there with camper firewood some food and all needed cast iron to cook with and lots of beads for show. I will also bring my E Z Up and a heater if it is to be cold.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

campout

Postby doitright » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Well this weather is a mess 25 deg. tonight with 12" of snow on the ground. But next weekend it will be mid 60. I am ready for the warm weather. My camper will not be ready as far as decorations. But will be great to sleep in. I am very ready for campfires and good conversation.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby tinksdad » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:20 pm

The E-Z Ups and awnings may be a necessity next weekend; but I for one don't care. It's time to get out and get camping.

I can't get out of going to work on Friday. I'm still on probation at the new job. I should be there sometime between 5 and 6.

Started sorting through stuff and making piles that need to be packed and brought along.
tinksdad
500 Club

camping

Postby doitright » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Is it going to rain a little heck it will be 70 percent clear and 71. Well I think it will feel like a shower. It has been so cold and nasty all winter I will be going for it. Small group great we will just have to tell all latter how much they missed. No matter how much rain I will have a good fire nothing is going to stop me now. I am ready willing and on the way.I will have some short piles but a list of what I need. Fire wood, lighting,food, black pots,red cups,and stuff to go into the red cups. All I have to say 71 degrees and 70 present clear all come and have a good time.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby TheRedBaron » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:29 pm

We just reserved campsite # 20! :thumbsup:

We were thinking of doing corn on the cob for the side dish, with some of the wife's famous chili butter. We thought we would bring a king cake as well.
Looks like we are going to be able to make it fairly early on Friday.
Does anyone know if the 4 o'clock check in is flexible?
TheRedBaron
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tinksdad » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:21 pm

Welcome aboard!!:P

I know the State Park at Sardis Lake was pretty flexible last summer. I've never been to Hugh White. I just took a quick look at the availability of sites and it looks like our group may be the only ones in the loop for the weekend. That being the case, hopefully they will be generous and let you check in early. I wouldn't mention the fact that your with the tearjerkers. I was unaware that we needed a permit to hold a group gathering and it's too late to get one now. This trip out, we just happen to be friends camping in the same area. I'll know better next time!!

HMMM!!! Corn on the cob and a king cake!! I was gonna do red beans and rice in the crockpot to go with the steak fillets. Now I'm undecided. I might just do a pot of gumbo instead. Decisions, decisions. :?
tinksdad
500 Club

food

Postby doitright » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:35 pm

I will be doing breakfast and bring some of my hundka bread and a cobbler of some kind (peaches or black berry) for the pot luck.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby Trail-Jammers » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:39 am

tinksdad wrote:
I wouldn't mention the fact that your with the tearjerkers.

This trip out, we just happen to be friends camping in the same area. I'll know better next time!!

I do believe that we'll look like we know each other.. Ha! :lol:
We've camped in quite a few places (probably about a dozen) in the past year and only ran across ONE Teardrop at a State Park in South Texas...

So it might look a little suspect but I seriously doubt they'll have an issue with it due to the fact that it is the first weekend in March and (probably) not that many campers.

Now, as far as food goes... It looks like WE need to get to thinking...

It sounds like we have some real chef-talent coming. :)
Eddie Vedder

Check out our Gallery...
Trail-Jammers
Teardrop Builder

snow

Postby doitright » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:53 pm

This snow will not go away. I got 16" with two and three foot drifts. There was not much melting today due to 35 deg. and clouds. Just got my wife's car out today. I will have to get a 4 x4 to get my camper out for this weekend that is if I can get the 3 1/2 foot drift out of the way. The wood is dry and the pots are seasoned I am ready to go. :applause:
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby clkelley564 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:59 am

Howdy from Alabama!! It looks like I'm in. I am SOOOO ready to go camping. Not sure when I can arrive Friday, it's about a 4 hour drive for me and don't know when I can break away from work. But 9pm at the latest. (Do they lock the gate at a certain time??)

I'm probably gonna reserve site 13. See ya'll Friday night!!!
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Southeast