Florida Caverns SP March 2009

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Florida Caverns SP March 2009

Postby Michele » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:31 am

My sister and I will be staying at Florida Caverns in site #24 on March 23rd if anyone would like to join us. We are only staying one night as we will be on our way back from our trip to Alabama.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/floridacaverns/
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:33 pm

:thinking: Oh, I'v been wanting to go there....... But that s a weekday. Probably wont be able to go... :( Maybe next time. Please let us know how you liked the park though. :thumbsup:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:44 pm

I'd like nothing better than to be there, but alas, Kim won't let me be a full time camper.........yet. :lol: We are going to be at Suwanee River Music Park the next weekend. Wanna come?

I'll email Carol, our A-Liner neighbor from Tallahassee and let her know you will be there.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Michele » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Yeah, I know it's a weekday. I didn't think anybody would be able to make it but I just put it out there just in case. We are stopping there in order to break up the 8 1/2 hour drive from Alabama.

Steve, the Suwannee park sounds fun but I'm going to spend the next few weekends mending some water damage from the last trip. Just like you said "they all leak eventually". Yes, please let Carol know. We would love to see her again.
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby devigata » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:55 am

We stayed at Florida Caverns about 12 years ago in a truck camper. Took two tours of the caves - one during the day when lit and one at night without the lights. Small cave, but interesting nonetheless.

It's a BEAUTIFUL park. Have fun!
devigata
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:13 am

Michelle, Paul and I would love to come. Unfortunately, we won't be able to join you. It's our anniversary that date and he's working :(

We were planning a trip the weekend before but...the new house needed something, so the cash went there instead of the trip. The park looks very interesting.

Have a great stay.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Michele » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:08 am

We just got back from FL Caverns. I thought I'd post some pics and a short review of the park.

I would definitely recommend this park. The grounds and the facilities were clean and well maintained. The park itself is big but the camping area is fairly small. The sites are semi private and shaded. There are lots of shaded trails to hike on. The cave tour was great!
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Nice photos of two of my favorite camping buddies! That place looks awesome! :D We just got home from 4 days at the Suwanee River Music Park. It was a really good time too.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Michele » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:25 am

Hey Steve,
We drove right by that park on our way to Alabama. But I read on their website that they don't allow dogs during major music events so that place is out for us. :thumbdown:
Michele
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:36 pm

Awesome!! Thanks for the report and pictures. I'm going to have to make plans to go camp there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Return to Southeast