Snow

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Snow

Postby doitright » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm

I got my camper out Thru. when it was 70 deg. so that I could work on it this weekend. I was planning shinning it some maybe paint inside and get everything ready for next weeks campout in Miss. Well would you believe it now my camper looks like a big snow ball. We only have had 1" of snow so far this season and now we got 6" + with 2' drifts. It is to stop by 6 am. we may have 10" to 12" by then. Grandson is 14 and he has never seen so much snow.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby tinksdad » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:24 am

Hey Kevin....

You can probably imagine the string of "expletives deleted" that came out of my mouth this morning when I looked outside to see the tear covered in snow. I also was planning some last minute additions today. Looks like I'm gonna have to do without or squeeze them in after work between now and Wednesday. If plans don't change I will probably tow the tear down to Hugh White on Thursday after work. Maybe I can use the snow today as an excuse to go get a bigger grill to do the fillets for the pot luck. :Flippin Burger:
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby conbrio » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:53 pm

I am NW of Nashville and got a half inch at most. it was gone by 8am this morning. My brother and his family got 6 inches there in Memphis
conbrio
Teardrop Advisor

snow

Postby doitright » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 pm

I live just 50 miles north of Memphis they say we got 16" with 2' and 3' drifts. Some places due to the terrain there has been 8' and 10' drifts. The Hy. dept. just got those roads open today.
Kevin
doitright
REAR DOOR CAMPER
1959 REAR DOOR SCOTTY
doitright
The 300 Club

Postby lisasweetie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:34 pm

I got home to NC from Ohio on Sun evening in the pouring rain with my brand new Silver Shadow and before dark the locks were frozen. On Monday, when I had planned to play with arranging my galley and just generally getting to know my new tear I woke up to 4 inches of snow. ARRRGGGGGG... Locks were still frozen today. Suppose to be in the 70's this weekend. Yea!
8)
Lisa,

ImageImage
lisasweetie
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi, Lisa:

A hair dryer will thaw the locks but it's probably too cold out there to work on rearranging anyway! I guess you get to look at it from inside your home and be thrilled that the trip was successfully completed and you have your new TD! :)

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing :pictures: :pictures: :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Southeast