Land Between The Lakes (TN side) Apr 24-26

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Land Between The Lakes (TN side) Apr 24-26

Postby conbrio » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:16 pm

Hey All,

I am going to be hitting the woods for the first time in awhile with the family on April 24, 25, 26 at Land between the Lakes, KY. Well Actually I will be on the TN side of the area at Piney Campground. Anyone who would like to come is welcome and join in the weekend out. Personally I will be tent camping as I do not have a TD yet, but would love to see yours.

Piney will not be accepting reservations until April 1. Anyways they only reserve part of the campground and leave part as a first come first serve. When registration starts I am going to try and get in the Chestnut Loop around spot 21 or so. Though the wife may make us move to a spot away from the lake.

Check out the events page for special events for that weekend

Piney Map

ConBrio
conbrio
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Trail-Jammers » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Sorry... We're going the other direction that weekend. You might get some others by then though.... Good luck!
"When you trade magic for
fact, there are NO tradebacks."
Eddie Vedder

Check out our Gallery...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32634872@N07/?saved=1
Trail-Jammers
Teardrop Builder

Postby nightmoves44 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:35 am

Piney?? wow thats amazing! If you took a left instead of taking a right(from Dover),go down the 'old' road 1/2 mile then right,on the gravel road,thats where I practically grew up.Grandmother had a rustic campground/boat dock there for many years.'60's-early '80's.
The weather will be gettin just about 'right' at that time.Enjoy!
"don't give up...the best is yet to come"-fortune cookie
nightmoves44
Donating Member

Postby Von Pook » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:15 pm

That is a great place to camp, I tend to prefere the western side of LBL, near the TN/KY state line. A place called "The Point". Rangers know of its location. Its a great spot with really wonderful sunsets and plenty of room and firewood.
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby conbrio » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:01 pm

well unfortunately I couldnt go camp this weekend. The oldest kiddo got strep with high fever on Friday. However I did get out to LBL for a nature photo workshop on Sat. (Will post pics later). But I will be going back out this upcoming weekend. LBL had a ton of damage from the ice storm this past winter. trees were down everywhere. I was actually surprised about the damage.

Von, I will have to look for that sometime.
conbrio
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Von Pook » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:07 am

I will try to put up some pics also from LBL, as well as a map showing where the point is. Its really a great vibe to it, barges passing by in the middle of the night adds a "Tom Sawyer" feel to the location.
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Return to Southeast