Any get-to-gather coming up in the smokies?

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

Any get-to-gather coming up in the smokies?

Postby Von Pook » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:57 pm

Has anyone, or is anyone, planned or planning a get-to-gather camp out in or near The Great Smokies anytime soon?
Eric, the camping sound guy
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby Dagny » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:28 am

I am interested if there is. My DH's main office is in KNoxville and I could travel down with him and camp.
Dagny
Teardrop Advisor

Postby JayM » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 am

Not a gathering, but we will be at Mt Pisgah on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Asheville this weekend (Friday-Monday)
JayM
Teardrop Advisor

Postby willik » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm planning to be up that way September 23-26 (taking a much needed vacation, but haven't firmed up any plans). Would that weekend work? Where were you thinking?
"I take comfort in the general unfairness of the universe." -- JMS
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby Von Pook » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Mile High Campground, just off of the Blue Ridge Parkway, near Balsam Mtn. National Park Campground. It has wonderful sunrise and sunset views as well as large wooded campsites. I dont have a date in mind as of yet, our tearnest is only 90% road ready.
Von Pook
Donating Member

Postby willik » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:35 pm

After doing some research, I'm going to head up to Mile High Sept 23-27. The guy was super nice on the phone and said that weekend there are still view sites available. Anybody else interested in camping that weekend?
"I take comfort in the general unfairness of the universe." -- JMS
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby Von Pook » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:45 pm

I am sure that my Lisa and I would love to meet there, as far as the date goes, my line of work sometimes does not permit me to plan that far ahead. I will try to keep the date open and hope to keep it that way. The views are wonderful, I will work on posting some pics of the site that we had. We actually spotted planes flying below us.
Von Pook
Donating Member

Re: Any get-to-gather coming up in the smokies?

Postby Gator Ron » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Von Pook wrote:Has anyone, or is anyone, planned or planning a get-to-gather camp out in or near The Great Smokies anytime soon?

Just reading all the threads for Tennessee area and thought you should see the message i posted today for the Smokies rally.

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=36735
Gator Ron
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Von Pook » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Thank you for the info, $32 a night is still kinda steep for us. We live only about 8 miles from that campground and this makes it interesting. We just found another campground about 40 miles from Misty River that is only $6 a night. Granted, there isnt any power, but it is quiet, in the mountains, tall trees, and spacious camp sites. Again, thank you for that info, and who knows, we might see you there.
Von Pook
Donating Member

Return to Southeast