good people

Camping in the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Missippi & Alabama, also Southern Appalachian, Georgia, Florida, and Magnolia (Mississippi) Chapters of Tearjerkers

good people

Postby willik » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:52 am

I attended my first gathering this past weekend (some of the folks are just heading home this morning). It was wonderful. It was the GA gathering at Fort Mountain.

Everyone involved are what my Daddy would have called "good people". For those of you who have been involved in these events, you know the quality of the folks involved, but for anyone who hasn't attended something like this... it is worth the effort. It isn't overly organized (heck, this is relaxing), but it isn't a "best of luck finding folks" either. The variety of personalities and interests was great fun. I am looking forward to attending more of these in the future.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcomed.

P.S. Thanks to Doc and Bob for the assist Sunday am... not a bit a problems getting home. :thumbsup:
"I take comfort in the general unfairness of the universe." -- JMS
willik
Teardrop Master

Postby NightCap » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:23 pm

My wife attended her first gathering just recently. It took her awhile cause those internet people are weird... She found out different. Just good, down to earth people. She had a lot of fun. I was not surprised.
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jdarkoregon » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Please tell your wife that my wife enjoyed talking with her and hopes to see her again.
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Return to Southeast